• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunterm Symphonic Strings

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Kirk Hunter Concert Strings

Just got KH Concert Strings and loaded them into Giga 3.0. Nothing shows, just empty folders. Can these not work with Giga 3.0, or am I doing something wrong?

Peace

Rik
    Last edited by rikp; 06-07-2005 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling!

Re: Kirk Hunterm Symphonic Strings

Have you remembered to do a full update of the sound data base? What happens if you drag one of the gig files into the program?

Actually, I have the KH concert strings. Anyway, I did rebuild and update for Giga 3.0. If I double click on the gig file it opens up in the sound editor. I just hope that I have not made a $600 mistake here. I do own Kontatk, but my Mac is brimming over with samples and programs! I wonder if Kirk would let me exchange versions.

Peace

Rik

Dont worry... it will work

It should that is

Hav eyou tried open GS3 then drag one of the giga files into the program?

Hav eyou made sure that GS3 searches the right directories to rebuild?

I am hoping that it will work. I will try dragging one of the files, into the program. I even right-clicked the folder to tell Giga to rebuild to 3.0. Thanks for giving me some ideas here. I have posted this problem on the KH forum as well. Silence is golden

I will post after I try the drag and drop!

Peace

Rik

Marcussen:

Thanks so much for your help! That did work, although I have to say it is a pain in the ARSS loading that way. Any idea why I can't load in the usual manner? I was just SOOOO happy to hear sounds! Thanks again for taking the time to work this out with me. I still want to solve the problem of loading these samples in, the normal way. Maybe 3.1 will solve the problem?

Peace

Rik

Ok... I have no clue why it does that... just trying to locate the problem.

Try right click on one of the gig files and click properties. Are any of the boxes checked?

I solved the problem, and this is TOTALLY weird. As soon as I did a .Gig search in the Quicksound window, all the samples appeared and the folders were full of Kirk Hunter Strings! I am off and running.

Peace

Rik

Great - good for you. Are you happy with them?

Yes! So far I am really impressed! I also just ordered Vienna Pro Edition, so I am interested in how they compare. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. No, I am not rich. I teach at a university and we ordered these for the sound studio. But, I get to use them.

And thanks again for helping me through this with your great suggestions.

Peace

Rik

Go Back to forum