• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dreams May Come True - Harp / Flue / Clarinet / English Horn

Share/Bookmark

Dreams May Come True - Harp / Flue / Clarinet / English Horn

Hi there.

I have been a little more adventurous with this piece as it has more instruments.
    Grateful if you would drop by and let me have any comments or feedback.
    Regards.
    Mike.

Dreams May Come True

Re: Dreams May Come True - Harp / Flue / Clarinet / English Horn

Mike,

Very pretty and relaxing. My only suggestions would be to use a vibrato flute patch instead of the non-vibrato. Maybe put a few spaces in the woodwind phrases to gice the player a chance to take a breath. And lastly, maybe a slight ritard coming into the last chord. A little slowing down of the tempo helps prepare the listener for the end. Nice job.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Mike,

Very pretty and relaxing. My only suggestions would be to use a vibrato flute patch instead of the non-vibrato. Maybe put a few spaces in the woodwind phrases to gice the player a chance to take a breath. And lastly, maybe a slight ritard coming into the last chord. A little slowing down of the tempo helps prepare the listener for the end. Nice job.

Jeff
    Mike, I agree with Jeff... slowing down before the end will make the whole piece better.
    dpDan

Thanks Jeff and DP for comments. I couldn't make my mind up about the vibrato flute versus non so thanks for that. I'll have a look at slowing down the ending as well, I see what you mean.

Really appreciate your comments.

Rgds.
    Mike.

Hi Mike -

I really like this piece. It's very peaceful and the melody is charming. My only critique (and I hope it's helpful) is that everything feels a little too rhythmic. I feel that you can play with the tempos within the piece a bit more to make it feel more like the piece is flowing. Right now it feels too rigid, it doesn't quite flow.

I hope this is helpful. It truly is a lovely piece.

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Hi Michael - thanks for your comments - agree with the rigidity bit and I want to change the harp melody as well. Thanks for taking time to listen. Really appreciate your feedback.
    Regards.
    Mike.

Go Back to forum