• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

Judging by the ‘rather chilly’ lack of response to my posting yesterday, I’m beginning to wonder if what I asked for is (in some way) unethical? Is there some kind of proprietary or trade-secret information in the K2 manual that must be kept from all but registered users? Isn’t the Hardware-ID registration method of copy protection in use by NI sufficient, or is limiting the documentation also involved in some way? I must admit that I’m not very knowledgeable about software piracy issues.

I was merely trying to get the most from the Demo version of K2 to get a leg up on things. However, my copy of K2 should arrive by the end of next week and I wouldn’t want anyone to do something that they would feel uncomfortable doing. I guess I should ask though, when I get my K2 manual, do I need to be careful about who sees it?

Re: Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

Bob - -

I recommend a small wall safe!

[tongue-in-cheek] KevinKauai

Cool Re: Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

Thanks Kevin,

I'd run right out and buy one before the 'hot potato' shows up!

Angry Re: Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

Whoops!, I mean I'll not I'd

A: Yes, they are sacred ... . Actually , rumor has it that the original K2 manuals are buried in the Black sea, 2000 leagues below , near the Yemen border ;-0 Rich

Hi Big Bob,

Not sure what your asking here. I don't think anybody's going to give up their manual. I guess you just need to pe patient untill your Kontact-2 arrives.

I can tell you that the "print" manual is not all that great allthough it will give you a pretty good basis to start from. It's OK but dosen't even begin to cover the nitgrity.

There's also a pdf-manual for the library and it helps out a lot, lot but still doesn't get to the nitygrity.

I think it's going to take people like Kevin, who just put out a tutorial on how to build keyswitches (bless his heart), to realy make sense of this awesome sampler.

I just hope you don't have to go thru what I've gone thru to get registered. I'm still going thru the "other side of heaven" to get mine registered.

T. s.

Smile Re: Are K2 Manuals Sacred?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by T. S.
    Hi Big Bob,

Not sure what your asking here. I don't think anybody's going to give up their manual. I guess you just need to pe patient untill your Kontact-2 arrives.
    T.S.
    No, I didn't expect anyone to 'give up' their manual. I just thought it might exist somewhere as a .pdf file that someone could email to me. But, I am sorry to hear that the manual may not be too hot.

I agree about Kevin's KS tutorial, I thanked him for that via email before I joined this forum. Hopefully, more of us can contribute to this kind of effort in the future. I also hope that you get your registration problem solved soon.

Hi Big Bob!

Welcome to the forum.
    dpDan

Hi Big Bob!

Welcome to the forum.
    dpDan
    Thanks dpDan
    And, also thanks to Rich Pell for your most timely info about the whereabouts of the original K2 manual...

A: Yes, they are sacred ... . Actually , rumor has it that the original K2 manuals are buried in the Black sea, 2000 leagues below , near the Yemen border ;-0 Rich
    Golly, now if I can only get hold of my very own copy!
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Hi Bob,

I don't know why everyone is being so coy about this. The reason is this, Bob: it's possible, right now, to go out on the internet and download a pirated copy of just about any software you can think of.

Now, since the real power of any piece of software is in the manual, many krakk (or however it's spelt) downloaders (or free-loaders as I prefer to call them) often join a forum such as this and come up with many different entertaining ploys to get their hands on a manual from someone who has parted with hard-earned cash to buy the program legitimately.

Many people (myself included) believe that using pirated software or soundware to be not only criminal, but short-sighted and stupid as well. It can also be intensely personal: since my brother-in-law earns his living as a programmer, I would prefer to see my nieces and nephew go on eating.

And so we do not send out .pdf copies of software manuals willy-nilly.

Now, this is NOT to say that you are one of those people, Bob, not at all. You seem like a pretty straight-up genuine kind of guy and I think we can all fully appreciate your reasons for wanting the manual right now, because we've all been there.

But the thing is, this being the internet, nobody can know FOR SURE :-)

So, generally, the done thing in forums like these is not to ask where you can get hold copies of a manual for paid software. Not only are you asking people to break their own legal agreements -- which cover the manuals as well as the software -- but the immediate assumption is probably going to be that you ARE indeed "one of those people," even if you aren't :-)

But please feel free to ask any and all the K2 questions you want. And if anyone can help you, they will because they're an unusually helpful bunch who hang out here, when they're not being all coy :-)

But I think I can speak for all of us in welcoming you to these forums, Bob. And, like those before me, I can only counsel patience. The day WILL come, as will the Fedex man :-)

Kind regards.

Go Back to forum