• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Sneak preview...New & Improved GPO Demo Player!

Share/Bookmark

Sneak preview...New & Improved GPO Demo Player!

We'll call this a beta of the new and improved, more effecient, prettier, and all around better...

GPO Demo Player.

It cooks dinner, washes dishes, will be your companion, cures scrofula, removes corns, and is available for 3 for a dollar.

http://www.gpo-uploads.com/DemoPlaye...emoPlayer.html

Enjoy it.

Post any concerns or issues here. There's no preloader yet (Flash kept dying on me last night) so it may take a minute before the interface appears.

Re: Sneak preview...

Already spotted two issues. So expect an update in a few.

Re: Sneak preview...

It cooked the dinner alright, and did the dishes. But I haven't been able to get it restore my lost youth. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix in the pipeline? Otherwise very classy.

Re: Sneak preview...New & Improved GPO Demo Player!

If you read the disclaimer again, I promised nothing about lost youth.

Any issues thus far?

The Maestro in the upper right corner is not keeping proper time.

The player keeps getting stuck on a particluar demo...not sure why.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Looks good. Works well - except: I still can't download Beethoven Sonatas Nos 18,24,26,27. I keep getting the message: Error - invalid filename

Would this be fixable, 'cause I do love these works, and I downloaded and stored the rest collectively as "Complete Beethoven Sonatas" which they ain't, but it would be sooo great if they were

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    The Maestro in the upper right corner is not keeping proper time.

The player keeps getting stuck on a particluar demo...not sure why.
    Which one?

Nickie, I'll look into those. I remember you mentioning that before, but I've been too busy to get to it lately.

I'm not sure. I was listening to the GOS demos while doing some other work and wanted to skip one of them, but the player kept playing the same one no matter which demo I selected. I reloaded the player and it's been fine since.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Thanks, Joseph!

Nickie,

The problem is because there are spaces in the filenames and using a PHP script, there are unavoidable conflicts. Gary would have to rename the file on his server before it will work. That is, unless there are some whizbang PHP coders out there that could give me a hand. I don't think this issue has been resolved though.

Go Back to forum