• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting Giga to EXS files?

Share/Bookmark

Converting Giga to EXS files?

Hey!

I recently tried to convert Giga files to EXS24, but it seems that not everything followed with. Theese are some samples from the VSL library and the keyswitching is working but not the mod wheel. Looked it up on the forum (read below) and somebody said you could correct that in EXS24, but not how to do it. Does anybody know?

"Mod wheel layer switches do not translate correctly, but are easily fixable. The release triggers do convert, but (using EXS\'s own translator), are put onto groups that are triggered on key downs, not key releases... which kind of defeats the purpose! Those as well, are fixable, but I\'ll admit I haven\'t fixed as many key releases as I have mod wheel patches. It\'s on my long list of \"things to do\".

All help needed,
    philo

Re: Converting Giga to EXS files?

Go to :

www.sonikmatter.com where you will find more detailed instructions how to do it once you do a search for specific messages.

It's simple to do, but hard to explain. If you don't get anywhere send me a PM and I'll see what I can dig up.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Thanks!

I really need all the help I can get!!

philo

Well, the answers are out there, but it will take work on your part to search the forums and read up on the answers. Just remember that forums are not replacements for reading the manual!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Actually I have spent a lot of time trying to read forums, and the Logic7 manuals lately.....I just want to make music

I cant remember where I read this but I'm pretty sure it was you that said something about abandoning the repetition tool i VSL and setting things up in the EXS24? That's where the manual reading comes in...I could'nt find anything about that (tell me if I am wrong) Maybe it's my English?

Also have you tried the Articulation Tool that people talk about. Is it easier to use than the Performence Tool?

Thanks again,
    philo

Go Back to forum