• Register
  • Help

Topic: electric drum triggers

Share/Bookmark

electric drum triggers

anybody using drum pads like roland v-drums or pintech to trigger drum samples. I\'ve heard that the latency is palpable and I was wondering if anybody has done this successfully ? using velocity to trigger one should be able to have 128 samples for every pad right?

Re: electric drum triggers

I use a Kat DK-10 and it works great. Latency is not a problem at all.

How many different samples can you program each individual pad with using velocity etc.

That doesn\'t really have anything to do with the pads. Some drumkit samples may have 4 velocities on the snare, 3 on toms, etc... If you mean, 2 triggers on the snare or something, then I can only do one. Some of the more expensive pad systems give you more in that area but I\'m pretty happy with what I\'m getting for about $100 ...

no, I didn\'t mean 2 triggers . I meant to find out if I had 120 different samples of a snare drum at different velocities or left and right hand strokes etc.,would Gigastudio allow me to match each sample to a different midi velocity number. Therefore theoretically,I would have a very realistic snare e-drum or cymbal or whatever . I guess this would be like being able to have 120 different samples of a piano note at different volumes to be able to mimic a live piano\'s touch sensitivity.

Also does anybody know how many samples per note or pad would be enough to duplicate a real drum or piano note realistically.(I heard most good piano players can have about 12 different attack velocities for any given note and I wonder if drummers are the same or better)

Go Back to forum