• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has anyone used GS3 and Sonar on an AMD 3200+ machine with 2GB of RAM?

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone used GS3 and Sonar on an AMD 3200+ machine with 2GB of RAM?

I'm considering a new PC with an AMD 3200+ 64bit processor and 2GB of RAM and 2 200GB hard drives. I wish to use both GS3 and Sonar 4 Producer edition on this computer. I also have a decent collection of DXi and VST instruments to which I want to add QL Symphonic Choirs and Ivory when it becomes available for the PC. My question is, can I run Giga and Sonar 4 successfully on the same computer, particularly if I'm running, say, a full string section from VSL's Horizon Series? Can I also run a few VSTs along with Giga instruments and MIDI and audio tracks in a Sonar project? What are the limits of the system I'm contemplating.
    Although I am buying a 64bit processor, I am still running 32bit XP because Giga can't handle anything else, and I am a blind user who uses adaptive software that hasn't been written for 64bit yet. so, I won't be messing with the 64bit Sonar and beta 64bit Longhorn. Has anyone tried a configuration that looks remotely like the one I'm considering? If you have, what have you been able to do with it?

Re: Has anyone used GS3 and Sonar on an AMD 3200+ machine with 2GB of RAM?

The computer you describe is exactly what the computer I have now, I hear though its better to have GIGA on it's own computer then Rewire the other computer with your sequencer. I use Kontakt 2 and am able to handle whatever I through at it so far in Sonar Producer 3. I know people that have lesser setups but are using Giga Studio 3 on seprate machine. Honestly the machine your looking to purchase should be able to handle huge orchestra samples full Instrumnets of the Orchestra and huge Electronic mixes with out breaking a sweat
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Re: Has anyone used GS3 and Sonar on an AMD 3200+ machine with 2GB of RAM?

So you have both Sonar and GS3 on one machine and you're fine with it,right?
    Thanks very much for writing.
    Kevin

Go Back to forum