• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Daydream at Night

Share/Bookmark

Daydream at Night

Well, before i buckle down into some real projects, thought i'd get this one out of the way. I wrote it about 6 months ago...I guess it's an MGM style, kinda sappy, kinda cliche, kinda piece...i'm sure we all have those moments when you just want to write something simple - with a little more emotion than modulation ...so, at a time when i was thinking a lot about what my ideal life would be, i guess hollywood snuck in there...glad i didn't scrap it - almost did about 3 bars in...
    so here it is (mix isn't perfect - i got a tad lazy):

Daydream at Night

Unhappy Re: Daydream at Night

NOoooooooooooooo! I can't open it!! NO NO NO NO NOT THE NOSE IN THE BOOK PUNISHMENT!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Daydream at Night

Ahhh, there we go and what a pleasant sound I hear. Josh, "Buckle down to some real projects"? So, what's this, chopped liver? What the heck is going on here? I am enjoying some real top-notch music lately on this demo page! Josh, If I were a new comer and didn't know this was a virtual library I would definitely think this was a live orchestra!
    Simply beautiful Josh! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Styxx

Re: Daydream at Night

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Ahhh, there we go and what a pleasant sound I hear. Josh, "Buckle down to some real projects"? So, what's this, chopped liver? What the heck is going on here? I am enjoying some real top-notch music lately on this demo page! Josh, If I were a new comer and didn't know this was a virtual library I would definitely think this was a live orchestra!
    Simply beautiful Josh! Thanks so much for sharing!
    chopped liver...lol!...can't get it past my nose...and it has a really weird texture...i think i'd prefer dog food

styxx, thanks very much...i always appreciate your feedback...wow, a live orchestra?...i think i can see that now...i do have somewhat of a fondness for this piece, maybe that came through...until next time - thanks!!!

Josh, fine writing on this -- a very interesting and lovely piece.

I hope you will find time to improve mix, balance, and dynamic control to give it the justice it deserves.

Pieces like this often don't get a great deal of attention, in that they aren't particularly "flashy"... I hope others in the forum will take a moment for it, as the musical substance is well worth the time.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Very pretty, sweeping the mind with beautiful sounds. I liked this a lot.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Very nice!

….It reminds me of John Williams's score for the Spielberg film E.T.

jeff

I liked it a lot too, Josh. Very excellent use of GPO instruments and I liked the percussion--not overly done, but tasty.

Great writing. We all love to hear your work, so keep posting.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

wow...what pleasant replies!...thank you all...i'll keep that mind about the mix, david...john, i'll definitely post more - thanks!...louis and jeff, thank you for listening!

Josh -

Enjoyed the listen! Wonderfully done, Josh. Great sequencing to a very moving and picturesque (sp?) composition.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast