• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Brass Quintet #03" (excerpt)

Share/Bookmark

"Brass Quintet #03" (excerpt)

All,

Here is a two minute and twenty-seven second excerpt from my "Brass Quintet #03". The entire composition is about twelve minutes in length.

It probably sounds like something you might hear at a Spanish or Mexican bullfight.

The horn and tuba are GPO. The two trumpets and 'bone are not.

Regards,

LGA

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...sQuintet03.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Brass Quintet #03" (excerpt)

Hey, how come you didn't use GPO for the trumpets and bone? Regardless, still quite a cheerful excerpt. Can't help but here a bit of Disney Parade music in there.
    Nice, I like!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey, how come you didn't use GPO for the trumpets and bone? Regardless, still quite a cheerful excerpt. Can't help but here a bit of Disney Parade music in there.
    Nice, I like!
    I have had no luck with the GPO trumpets as far as realism is concerned. Evidently, I just do not have the ability to make them sound good even though I have really tried. This is my shortcoming and not a deficiency of the samples themselves.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yee-hah; got out my sombrero for this one, Larry.

Still having some problem myself taming the GPO brass; though sometimes I get 'em right by accident, which is a start.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Yee-hah; got out my sombrero for this one, Larry.

Still having some problem myself taming the GPO brass; though sometimes I get 'em right by accident, which is a start.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    You do a great job with the brass and everything else. I need for you to give me some lessons.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I have had no luck with the GPO trumpets as far as realism is concerned. Evidently, I just do not have the ability to make them sound good even though I have really tried. This is my shortcoming and not a deficiency of the samples themselves.

LGA
    Hmm, I concur they are a twicky beast to work with. Maybe mixing the two together would help? Anywhogivesaratsazz, the encluded Sam Horns in GPO advanced may be a great help. (?)
    Styxx

Go Back to forum