• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing for Dual Boot system??

Share/Bookmark

Installing for Dual Boot system??

Hi All,

My laptop is setup as a dual boot system, one side internet enabled, virus checkers, etc.; the other side plain vanilla, no internet access.

I have Finalé on both sides - and would like to also have Garritan on both sides (I just received it, and haven't installed it anywhere yet).

My question is, is it possible to install Garritan so that basically there is only one installation pointed to by both sides. Perhaps installing it on both sides, but pointing to a common sample pool instead of two sets of identical samples using up disk space? Is this feasible?

Thanks for any help.
    John Montgomery, Glassel, Scotland.

Re: Installing for Dual Boot system??

Quote Originally Posted by jmmp2005
    Hi All,

My laptop is setup as a dual boot system, one side internet enabled, virus checkers, etc.; the other side plain vanilla, no internet access.

I have Finalé on both sides - and would like to also have Garritan on both sides (I just received it, and haven't installed it anywhere yet).

My question is, is it possible to install Garritan so that basically there is only one installation pointed to by both sides. Perhaps installing it on both sides, but pointing to a common sample pool instead of two sets of identical samples using up disk space? Is this feasible?

Thanks for any help.
    John Montgomery, Glassel, Scotland.

Hi John,

Yes, this IS feasable in that NI (Native Instruments -maker of the GPO Kontakt Player) will take note of your MACHINE ID, which is basically your motherboard. So what side things are won't matter. (The only way that might be a problem is if they are totally different OS's - that might create a problem.)

If you install it with the internet side, you ought to be able to still access those files from the non-internet side. (I assume you have partitioned your hard drive) You just need to make sure your access priviledges are set so both sides can access files from each other.
    Hope this helps.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum