• Register
  • Help

Topic: So close...

Share/Bookmark

Arrow So close...

GPO arrived today from Et Cetera!

A very smart looking package! After removing the shrinkwrap, I read the welcome letter from Gary... then had a quick peruse through the wonderful user guide.

Unfortunately, an I/O error message popped up on installation. I removed the disc and saw that there were a couple of small strange scratchy patches on an otherwise pristine looking disc. Googled the error message and read about installing a program called CDCheck, which checks CDs for errors etc. Thought I'd check all four... there were two data errors (CRC) on Disc 1 (GPO Setup.exe and GPO_Library_part3.nks) and one on Disc 3 (GPO_Library_part2.nks).

Called Et Cetera, who advised me to call their technical number. Was asked to e-mail in my postal address so they could send out replacement discs. So here's hoping I'll be installed for the weekend! Ahhh, the anticipation... really looking forward to exploring GPO.

Thanks to Et Cetera for a friendly and speedy solution... and many thanks to Gary and everyone involved in the making of GPO!

All the best,
    Rich

Re: So close...

Quote Originally Posted by RichUK
    GPO arrived today from Et Cetera!

A very smart looking package! After removing the shrinkwrap, I read the welcome letter from Gary... then had a quick peruse through the wonderful user guide.

Unfortunately, an I/O error message popped up on installation. I removed the disc and saw that there were a couple of small strange scratchy patches on an otherwise pristine looking disc. Googled the error message and read about installing a program called CDCheck, which checks CDs for errors etc. Thought I'd check all four... there were two data errors (CRC) on Disc 1 (GPO Setup.exe and GPO_Library_part3.nks) and one on Disc 3 (GPO_Library_part2.nks).

Called Et Cetera, who advised me to call their technical number. Was asked to e-mail in my postal address so they could send out replacement discs. So here's hoping I'll be installed for the weekend! Ahhh, the anticipation... really looking forward to exploring GPO.

Thanks to Et Cetera for a friendly and speedy solution... and many thanks to Gary and everyone involved in the making of GPO!

All the best,
    Rich

Would you post a link to that CD Check thing? If you think it OT, you can email me.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Would you post a link to that CD Check thing? If you think it OT, you can email me.

Richard
    Here's the page I visited via Google...

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cy...edundancy.html

There's a link to 'CD Check 3' on the page.

Cheers,
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichUK
    Here's the page I visited via Google...

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cy...edundancy.html

There's a link to 'CD Check 3' on the page.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Got it. Thanks.

Richard

Go Back to forum