• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The most OT topic ever...????

Share/Bookmark

The most OT topic ever...????

I woke up around three this night and wondered what happened to the SG that Pete Townsend tossed from the stage during the -69 Woodstock festival....
    I feel that my nighttime sleep will suffer if I don't get the answer to this mystery.....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: The most OT topic ever...????

Wow, that would be a good story Worra...

The SG became a coffee table for a while... then it went to fight in Vietnam....

---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    I woke up around three this night and wondered what happened to the SG that Pete Townsend tossed from the stage during the -69 Woodstock festival....
    I caught it - do you wanna buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    I caught it - do you wanna buy it?
    I've got the broken strata neck that Hendrix threw to the audience at Monteray Pop -67, wanna trade....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I've got the broken strata neck that Hendrix threw to the audience at Monteray Pop -67, wanna trade....
    Hehehe.

I actually had one of Hendrix's Strats - albeit for only ten minutes in 1970 - can you believe that? I also had coffee with him once too - there's another story.

I'll trade the strat neck for a staue I'm trying to sell in Trafalgar Square. That's the best I can do - take it, or leave it.

I can just see the movie that this could launch: The rock-and-roll update to The Red Violin...

-JF

Funny you should ask- I just picked up the re-mastered special edition of the Who documentary "The Kids are Alright" and was watching it yesterday. The Woodstock performance is included, and they mentioned that seconds after Townshend tossed the guitar to the crowd, it was retrieved for him by roadies.

Apparently the only reason the Who played Woodstock was for $$, as they were almost bankrupt at that point. ("Tommy" was released shortly after, and all that changed) But their perilous financial status may have played a part in their quickly retrieving the guitar.

By the way, immediately after the last Who song, while they were still onstage, Abbie Hoffman ran out, grabbed a mic and began berating the crowd for having a party while one of his friends was in jail. Townshend pulled the old "El Kabong!!" and clobbered him from behind with his SG, knocking him off the stage and into the audience. Could have killed him, but Hoffman (and Townshend) were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff
    Funny you should ask- I just picked up the re-mastered special edition of the Who documentary "The Kids are Alright" and was watching it yesterday. The Woodstock performance is included, and they mentioned that seconds after Townshend tossed the guitar to the crowd, it was retrieved for him by roadies.

Apparently the only reason the Who played Woodstock was for $$, as they were almost bankrupt at that point. ("Tommy" was released shortly after, and all that changed) But their perilous financial status may have played a part in their quickly retrieving the guitar.

By the way, immediately after the last Who song, while they were still onstage, Abbie Hoffman ran out, grabbed a mic and began berating the crowd for having a party while one of his friends was in jail. Townshend pulled the old "El Kabong!!" and clobbered him from behind with his SG, knocking him off the stage and into the audience. Could have killed him, but Hoffman (and Townshend) were lucky.

Aha! So THAT'S what happened! Thank you, now I can sleep again!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Hehehe.

I actually had one of Hendrix's Strats - albeit for only ten minutes in 1970 - can you believe that? I also had coffee with him once too - there's another story.

I'll trade the strat neck for a staue I'm trying to sell in Trafalgar Square. That's the best I can do - take it, or leave it.
    F*K the statue! I wanna hear about your coffee-break!!!!!!!!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

F*K the statue! I wanna hear about your coffee-break!!!!!!!!
    It was in Fulham around 1969. I'll tell you about it one day. You never gave much thought to all that in those days.

Yeah - I was THAT roadie - do you wanna buy it?

PS - is Black Grand downloadable? How does this work?

Go Back to forum