• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lingerie Music

Share/Bookmark

Cool Lingerie Music

Here's a quirky little number you might enjoy. It starts off as a little impressionist piano and flute duet, but makes a left turn into a happy little rhythmic oddity featuring a what sounds like a viola with sitar-like sympathetic strings, and alien washboard percussion.

Lingerie Music - 2.1MB

Besides GPO, this piece uses Reaktor and just a hint of StormDrum (prepared piano). I wrote it as a rough draft for a scene for a movie. I haven't heard back from the director yet, and fear she may be calling the funny farm on my behalf...
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Lingerie Music

Jamie, let her call the funny farm. This is great I love it! Too short! Too damn short!!! More! More! I can hear this embellishing into one heck of a song with a good female singer or what have you!
    OK, I know. You wrote for a movie but hey, ya never know!
    Too short, I have to listen to this again. Love the feel.
    Now where did I put my nighty?
    Styxx

Thanks, Styxx. This board owes you a lot as an almost built-in listener. You seem to appreciate a very broad range of styles, while many seem timid in commenting on something that isn't quite so classifiable.

Glad you liked it. This is the sort of piece that I would definitely expand on, if it's not wanted for the film. The right female singer might indeed be just what it needs!
    - Jamie Kowalski

i love hearing creative uses of percussion...this kind of music is definitely something i dig...i can imagine putting this on after a long day...really enjoyed this...more, please!!!

Works really well for me Jamie, don't don your straight jacket just yet! I love the openness of it. Seem pretty atmospheric and ideally suited for use in a film, to my humble ears anyway.
    Reminds me of some music I've heard in some classy adverts, may you could make a buck or two out of it that way....
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.soundclick.com/tomboswell

Thumbs up Re: Lingerie Music

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    Thanks, Styxx. This board owes you a lot as an almost built-in listener. You seem to appreciate a very broad range of styles, while many seem timid in commenting on something that isn't quite so classifiable.

Glad you liked it. This is the sort of piece that I would definitely expand on, if it's not wanted for the film. The right female singer might indeed be just what it needs!
    Yup! I sure do love a broad range of styles. I always felt it dangerous to be narrow minded to other styles and bias to one or two. Man, I just love music!
    Hey, if you do decide to try a singer make sure you post.
    Styxx

Interesting emotional colors in this, in the opening.

Very well executed, and I like the quirky subtleties in the use of the percussion as you roll out the latter part.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cool! This certainly is a quirky little number. Quite different than what we've heard from you in the past.

I like the mood you created and the way the piece evolves.

Lingerie Music?
    What were you wearing when you did this?

I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Lingerie Music?
    What were you wearing when you did this?
    Notice how Gary always asks the *key* question... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cool! This certainly is a quirky little number. Quite different than what we've heard from you in the past.
    Thanks, Gary! Actually, a great deal of my music is quirkier than I've shared here, but much of it uses little in the way of GPO, or is more rock, which I don't necessarily feel belongs on these boards, unless it's a real GPO showcase. If you want to hear some very different stuff, check out the Red Wire link in my signature.

Lingerie Music? What were you wearing when you did this?
    Hey, it got you to click on it, didn't it?

Actually, it's named for the scene in the film I wrote it for: Wife is bummed because husband reacted with laughter at her attempt to be sexy.
    - Jamie Kowalski

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast