• Register
  • Help

Topic: New user with Digital Performer

Share/Bookmark

New user with Digital Performer

I have some friends from Missouri who have just bought GPO for their son through the group buy. He is really interested in pursuing music and I suggested that GPO would be a great addition to his toolbox.

They have a fully loaded G5 with a Korg Triton Xtreme keyboard attached. As for music software, he has Sibelius and Digital Performer (plus one of the lighter versions of Cubase). Since I have no experience with DP, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to setting it up to work properly with GPO. Is it a VST host, etc.? The Sibelius part we have covered.

Of course, I have advised frequent access to this forum for questions but sort of wanted to give him a head-start for when his GPO package arrives.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions

Re: New user with Digital Performer

Hi and welcome to the forum! We have a person that may be quite some help for your situation.
    This looks like a job for "DPDAN"!
    Styxx

loogoo,

The GPO Kontakt player works wonderfully well with dp as an au plug. I've had no problems with it except for the puny little Mac I'm running them on. Sure makes me wish I were young again and had all these toys to play with. He's a lucky boy.

Karl

Aha, so an AU plug is what's called for. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool PC person so it helps me to know these things as I'll be the first one they call when they're doing their set-up. I look forward to hearing any more suggestion/advice, and especially from DPDAN.

Hi Loogoo!

Just so you know, I use a DP logo on all my posts because that's how much I like the program. I am not affiliated with dp not that I wouldn't want to be, but along with Karl, Bmonroney and some other dp users here, we should be able to answer most if not all your questions.

I don't use GPO on my Mac, I use it on a separate PC. I use Digital Performer on the Mac (midi and audio) the midi travels from the Mac (dp) into the PC. The sounds are produced and are transferred back to the Mac for mixing via digital lightpipe (fiberoptic).

Always glad to help!

Dan

Thanks guys. The main thing I wanted to know - at least for now - is that there aren't "difficult issues" with using GPO and Digital Performer. I will certainly refer him to you all as he begins to use these tools.

It has been over a year and a half since I first installed GPO, but I don't recall any problems at all. Usually the installer puts everything where it belongs. If there is any problem, let us know and we can give you exact places for everything.

With the setup you have described, he should be more than happy. If he's not, I'll be glad to trade computers.

Best of luck,

Karl

Go Back to forum