• Register
  • Help

Topic: So?

Share/Bookmark

So?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    What's your favourite Derek & Clive track?

Re: So?

Mine's - In the Lav.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Hullo Paulie,
    I think the dead silence here is because nobody knows who the f**k Derek & Clive are!
    Enquiring minds want to know!
    Ern

Whattttt!!!!!! Are you serious??

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore- who else?

Since I come from the same little seaside town as Peter Cook, I thought it was time to do him the honour.

Go out and buy their 3 albums at once. And don't drink and drive with Derek & Clive.

I don't know the name of the album, but they're both drunk off their arses, and it's hilarious. As a matter of fact, I don't remember too much about what they were going on about - the stories weren't very memorable, it's just what they were saying that was funny. Everyone is a facking C U next tuesday, something about someone's bum being on backwards...well, it's been a long time since I heard it.

They aren't known in the U.S.

Which is your favorite Fawlty Towers episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I don't know the name of the album, but they're both drunk off their arses, and it's hilarious. As a matter of fact, I don't remember too much about what they were going on about - the stories weren't very memorable, it's just what they were saying that was funny. Everyone is a facking C U next tuesday, something about someone's bum being on backwards...well, it's been a long time since I heard it.

They aren't known in the U.S.

Which is your favorite Fawlty Towers episode?
    They are known in the US Nick - but the US is a bit more puritanical than GB. You can get their albums quite easily. Peter Cook was just voted by every known comedian on the planet as the funniest comedian of all time actually, including Cleese, who knew him quite well. - I would agree with that, but I'm biased of course. Get their albums and play them in the car - but be careful. Not in front of the children btw - or the in-laws or the grandparents - or anyone else really, come to think of it.

Fawly Towers? - also set in our little seaside town of birth. Hmmm - let me see.

My wife's is - The Germans the one with the moose's head, the major describing the day out with a bird at a cricket match - and - hors-d'oeuvres zat mhust be obeyed!

Mine is probably that one - because of the major's cricket match description and Cleese's reaction. But I think of it more in terms of lines - like when the old bat complains about the view - what do ya expect - herds of wilderbeasts sweeping across Torquay - stuff like that.

If I had to nail it down - it would be either the one with Bernard Cribbins as the cutlery salesman always complaining about the service and the Basil the Rat - is that the same one? The Hotel Inspector? Yeah - the one with - would you care for a ....rat?

That one.

I'm betting yours is Waldorf Salad - hahahahaha!

Jeee-zzz -uuuss - I'm just watching The Peacemaker and Hans Zimmer's music never ~~~~ing changes from one moment to the ~~~~ing next.

When I said they're not known in the U.S. I meant they're not *widely* known. The man on the street would have no idea who they are - although he would know who Dudley Moore is.

I don't have a favorite Fawlty Towers episode. The one with the drunk cook is hilarious - when he throws the chicken at him. And yeah, the Waldorf salad is very funny ("Everything's bottoms to you Americans"). And Basil the rat. And the drunk major. And the one with the Germans...

Nick - Ernie's not your younger simpleton brother that you keep locked in the attic is he?

Yes Ern - that's right - Dudley was talented and a good musician. Peter Cook had all the real comedic talent though was a great writer. He wrote Mr Spiggot when he was 18 and it's still brilliant, cerebral comedy to this day.

Get the Derek & Clive albums - you'll soon forget about your neighbour - and besides - haven't you taken a baseball bat to that ~~~~ing wanker yet?

Go Back to forum