• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thunder and Lighting last night.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Thunder and Lighting last night.

It took out my whole phone system along with the rest of my area. Just buzzing away. Nope, didn't get samples the rain was torrential! All I got was the sound of heavy rain hitting my back patio metal awning and only for a few seconds. It's supposed to storm again this weekend.
    Ooops, Strayed from the reason I posted. Ifinz the phone company doesn't get matters straight before chat time, I may miss. So, ifinz you going to talk about the GPO Orchestra thingy at the Cereal Bowl in New Nork Sniddy I may miss plans. Post any decisions or important plans or a picture of Norman Merkinschider shwimink in Lake Erie. Or maybe an avatar of Lumus Bandumas the original electric tuba player from Hoboken. Well, maybe not.
    Later, I'm going shark fishing with the students.

Where is Marvin Hindlemire when you need him? The greatest Flexitone player in all the world!
    Styxx

Re: Thunder and Lighting last night.

Sorry to hear the recording didn't work out. And that the phone lines went down... that can certainly be frustrating!

I had a suggestion - if you possess the necessary equipment, consider recording four tracks with mics positioned at for different corners of the house - then the storm samples can be used for surround sound too.

The rain can be a problem - or it could be viewed as an added and integral part of the sound. Cut the samples with ample 'before' and 'after' time around the main thunder event, so that it can be faded in and out for more seamless usage.

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
    Styxx

We had the same thing in NH. It lasted 3 hours, with intense rain, thunder, etc. Came home from a gig late, and hoped that I could sit in the car till it passed, no dice. Got soaked!

Peace

Rik

Go Back to forum