• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade question

Dublin, Ireland

Question Upgrade question

I have being using GPO with bundled Cubasis VST 4.0 over past 2 months (new user). For a piece I'm working on now I need more than 16 instruments, each assigned to a separate channel on the mixer. The VST mixer I have is limited to 16 channels. Also the VST instruments limits me to 16 (2 x 8) unless I use GPO studio. Presumably a software upgrade is required - I would appreciate suggestions on what way to go - I assume there are a number of options. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Upgrade question

you can have 16 channels/VST instrument in Cubasis 4. Since you can have 4 VST GPO-players with 8 instruments (channels) each, the grand total is 32 instruments (channels) at your disposal.

Brooklyn, NY

Actually, my experience with Cubasis VST is that there is a limit of 48 audio tracks, which translates to 24 stereo pairs. Since GPO samples are stereo samples, this limits you to 24 instruments - or 3 instances of GPO.

I found that if I tried to open a fourth instance I got a message stating that there were no more audio tracks. Upgrading to full Cubase or Sonar gives you unlimited (or at least as many as your computer can handle) audio tracks and allows more instances of GPO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what I learned when I researched the trouble I was having with the bundled Cubasis VST.

You're right, Cubasis can't handle more than 48 mixer channels. I wasn't aware of this fact.

Go Back to forum