• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any helpful comments, opinions on my new blog design are welcome...

Share/Bookmark

Question Any helpful comments, opinions on my new blog design are welcome...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hey folks...

Well...a lot of my friends have told me I should put up something on my website (www.brianralston.com)that allows me to post occasional updates on things I am doing and projects I am working on. So...I have created a weblog for that purpose. I am still trying to figure out how to best integrate it into my site without needing to have all of the flash re-programed at this point. Right now there is a link to the blog off the front main page and it opens up a new window for the blog.

Any comments on my implementation of the blog here are welcome. I also tried to make it match the color scheme of my main page. There is an RSS 2.0 feed as well so people with RSS browsers can subscribe for updating bookmark links and news, etc...etc...

I have allowed people to post comments on the blog entries...but they are moderated and have to be approved in the background before final posting. I did not want spammers to have access to be able to freely post.

Anything else I may not be thinking of??
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: Any helpful comments, opinions on my new blog design are welcome...

Wes wonders about referring to onesself in third person.

Wes digs your site!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Smile Re: Any helpful comments, opinions on my new blog design are welcome...

Thanks guys for your feedback.

Ern...doh!...capitalize the "M" on Music.html and it will work. I will get that fixed. Or you can just go to it from my main "front" page at www.brianralston.com too.

Wes...Brian is in the process of turning over the maintenance of the site and such to a third party webmaster. While Brian will be able to post and respond to comments seperately using his own account as well, the site will be maintained by a manager of sorts. Hence, the initial posting of information from that perspective.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Brian, I love your site. And all the music links worked for me! All very inspiring!! Are you singing or playing on any of those?

Lastly, who did your site for you? If you, then what software did you use to do it?
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Thank you Steve. I am glad you enjoyed it. My site was programmed by N.C. Winters. The artwork (all hand drawn and watercolored) is also all his. He has a site that is www.ncwinters.com. He is an old college friend of mine from the U of Arizona who now lives in New Jersey. He is primarily a graphic design artist who can also web program...but primarily...he is an artist.

I have been maintaining the site and N.C.'s initial work using Adobe GoLive and flash of course. But...that may change as I get more and more away from the ins and outs of the programming of it. The blog page is using the latest standard "wordpress" install with a modified theme template for the color scheme, etc...

On the score, it's me behind the piano...but only because the piano is the Vintaudio C7. There are a few more piano based cues in the score that are not posted among the excerpts on my site. There is some initial talk of a soundtrack CD. It is early yet for details on that...the film still has not had its world premier yet. It will do the festival circuit first before a theatrical release.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Go Back to forum