• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sampletekk Steinway D

Share/Bookmark

Sampletekk Steinway D

Hi guys,

although I'm not a pianist, I just downloaded the Steinway D from sampletekk, and I'm in love with that sound. A lovely timbre and nice playability. Just liked to share this first impression. And I paid it just 40$.

Luca

Re: Sampletekk Steinway D

Luca,

I think you also use EW Steinway B - how does it compare?

Joanne

Joanne,

honestly I'm fairly the wrong person to compare pianos. In this case the thing is more difficult because I only got the Silver version of the steinway B, so I should compare a 1.5 Gbytes piano with a 200 Mb one.

As timbre I found the Sampletekk more clear and definite on mid-high register. The higher register has an high emotional timbre.
    The steinway B has the advantage of his very warm performance also at very low dynamics, expecially when used combined with orchestra. To my ears the steinway has more emphasis on mid-low freqs.

Its difficult to compare overall those two pianos because of different version sizes I actually got. And mostly because I play guitar

Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Hi guys,

although I'm not a pianist, I just downloaded the Steinway D from sampletekk, and I'm in love with that sound. A lovely timbre and nice playability. Just liked to share this first impression. And I paid it just 40$.

Luca
    Hi Lux.

Glad you liked it, was it the Steiny D or Steiny D Close?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

hi Worra,

was the "steinway D". and my second impression is equal to the first. sounds really good.

Luca

Go Back to forum