• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics Atmosphere Update to 1.2 Question

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Atmosphere Update to 1.2 Question

I just installed Atmosphere and validated it was working AOK.

I then downloaded the updater to 1.2, but I am getting an error whenever I run the updater exe. Says Cannot get the name of the .dat
    I tried running this in the same directory as the .dat file but I keep getting the same message. There are no instructions in the included readme file.

I tried just downloading the .dll, but my sequencer says it cannot initialize.

Works with the old version of the .dll

Anyone have a similar problem?

Re: Spectrasonics Atmosphere Update to 1.2 Question

Check out the bottom of the updates page - there is help there for the VST update. You have to use Spectramove to move the DAT file to where it already is, then the update will work fine.

Thanks for your note.

Ok, I found an update page on the site that is not linked to any known pages that I could find:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates...stupdates.html

I ran the Move utility, then ran the updater.

The updater overwrote the old DLL in the spectrasonics program folder and created a shortcut to the .dat file in this same directory. In my steinberg\plugin folder, it also overwrote the DLL and created a shortcut to the .dat file.

However, when I try and LOAD the instrument into the VST instrument panel in CUBASE VST 32, it tells me it either cannot load it or cannot initialize it.

I am running on Win98, but since this is a 32bit VST dll, it should work cleanly, and the old DLL worked great. I have a P4 with 2 gigs of memory (only 1 is used in win98).

I saved the old DLL and reverted back for the time being until Spectrasonics gets back to me here...

Any spectrasonics people out there?

I'd recommend contacting customer support at info@spectrasonics.net . They can help with this sort of problem.

- Glenn

I did and received no reply (yet), and I sent them my email address in the email just to be sure...

Newmusicboy

Its likely that when you are initiating an instance of VSTI that its trying to grab the .dat shortcut and it cannot find it because it might be in a differnt folder. I know that at times when you install or do the Spectramove its possible that it created a pathway such as C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins whereas your Cubase VST 32 might have a different path or directory that is defualt as C:/ProgramFiles/Steinberg/Cubase VST 32/Vstplugins

Check to see where your dat. shortcut is residing. its possible that its not in the right folder. After I did the Spectramove and the Update, I went ahead and just copied and pasted the shortcut to the .dat and put it in the correct Steinberg Cubase Sx2 (Cubase VST 32 in your case) vst plug ins folder.

Or... you can go into Cubase VST 32 and rescan your plug ins or add the new directory path if you dont feel comfortable moving that dat shortcut.

This is just a long shot but make sure to check your files especially the .dat shortcut and make sure its in the directory path that Cubase VSt 32 is searching for.

Good Luck !

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    Thanks for your note.

Ok, I found an update page on the site that is not linked to any known pages that I could find:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates...stupdates.html

I ran the Move utility, then ran the updater.

The updater overwrote the old DLL in the spectrasonics program folder and created a shortcut to the .dat file in this same directory. In my steinberg\plugin folder, it also overwrote the DLL and created a shortcut to the .dat file.

However, when I try and LOAD the instrument into the VST instrument panel in CUBASE VST 32, it tells me it either cannot load it or cannot initialize it.

I am running on Win98, but since this is a 32bit VST dll, it should work cleanly, and the old DLL worked great. I have a P4 with 2 gigs of memory (only 1 is used in win98).

I saved the old DLL and reverted back for the time being until Spectrasonics gets back to me here...

HI DalaM:

When I installed the update yesterday, I did indeed have a shortcut both in my Spectrasonics folder as well as my cubase plugin folder. The installer magically created it there. I will try again today and see what occurs

Thanks

NMB

Howdy again

Newmewzikboy here

I validate a couple of things.

CUBASE has a VSTInstrument folder path set to:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins.

There was indeed a shortcut set in this folder to my library on a different drive.

I copied this shortcut to:

C:/ProgramFiles/Steinberg/Cubase VST 32/Vstplugins
    The error message still displayed when I tried to open this in the instrument panel - version 1.2 DLL

I then simply replaced the .dll in this folder with my older version 1.1 and the old version worked great without any modifications. So I don't understand what is happening with this newer version?

Quote Originally Posted by dalamein
    Newmusicboy

Its likely that when you are initiating an instance of VSTI that its trying to grab the .dat shortcut and it cannot find it because it might be in a differnt folder. I know that at times when you install or do the Spectramove its possible that it created a pathway such as C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins whereas your Cubase VST 32 might have a different path or directory that is defualt as C:/ProgramFiles/Steinberg/Cubase VST 32/Vstplugins

Check to see where your dat. shortcut is residing. its possible that its not in the right folder. After I did the Spectramove and the Update, I went ahead and just copied and pasted the shortcut to the .dat and put it in the correct Steinberg Cubase Sx2 (Cubase VST 32 in your case) vst plug ins folder.

Or... you can go into Cubase VST 32 and rescan your plug ins or add the new directory path if you dont feel comfortable moving that dat shortcut.

This is just a long shot but make sure to check your files especially the .dat shortcut and make sure its in the directory path that Cubase VSt 32 is searching for.

Good Luck !

Dave

Cubase VST 32 is a few years old now, and I am wondering whether the update added something that VST 32 cannot handle e.g. Perhaps the new functions are VSTi 2.1 and your version of Cubase can only handle up to VSTi 2.0.

Go Back to forum