• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Installer Problem

Share/Bookmark

GPO Installer Problem

Howdy:

My GPO just arrived today. I ran into a problem when I was installing the first disk. As it was copying GPO library, it came with a message that said it could not find the file:

"..\GPO Library\Instruments\Dry\Solo Strings\Solo and Ens. Viola\Violin 1 Gagli Esn1.nki could not be opened"

The application then quit.

Well, I mean why would it be looking for a Violin in a Viola Directory?
    Something is definately wrong here. I looked for a script file but could not find it.

Anyone know a workaround? I copied all these directories over from Disk 1, but there are still a number of 'GPO Library_Partx.nks" files that I believe also need to be copied and merged in some way? I would like to work around this problem somehowand get the dang thing running...

any help appreciated...

Re: GPO Installer Problem

newmewzikboy,

This sometimes happens when installing or copying the library across drives. Try reinstalling. Do not copy the files as they should install from the disc. Also, download and install the Updates on our download page.

If you need some direct help, you can call or email me a number to reach you and we'll get you up and running.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    Howdy:

My GPO just arrived today. I ran into a problem when I was installing the first disk. As it was copying GPO library, it came with a message that said it could not find the file:

"..\GPO Library\Instruments\Dry\Solo Strings\Solo and Ens. Viola\Violin 1 Gagli Esn1.nki could not be opened"

The application then quit.

Well, I mean why would it be looking for a Violin in a Viola Directory?
    Something is definately wrong here. I looked for a script file but could not find it.

Anyone know a workaround? I copied all these directories over from Disk 1, but there are still a number of 'GPO Library_Partx.nks" files that I believe also need to be copied and merged in some way? I would like to work around this problem somehowand get the dang thing running...

any help appreciated...

Re: GPO Installer Problem

Hi gary. Thanks for the message. I sent you an email

Follow up:

This may be related to WIN98 installation. I found the following information in the FAQ section on http://www.garritan.com/troubleshooting.html

"...WORKAROUND: Find enough free space on one of your hard drives on your computer for about 2 gigabytes of temporary space - you will also need to make sure you have an additional 2 gigabytes somewhere on your system for where you will actually install GPO. Create a temporary folder called GPOdiscs on your hard drive. Copy the contents of the first GPO cd to this folder. Then copy the contents of the second cd to the folder, then copy the third cd to the folder. If you ever get a message saying Windows will need to overwrite an existing file to complete the copy, just say ok and keep going. Copy the GPOLibrary folder and Readme folder from a good installation to your new GPOdiscs folder. If you get any Windows messages saying Windows will need to overwrite a file or folder to complete a copy, press OK every time. Look in your GPOdiscs folder and verify that your GPOLibrary folder is back again now. Finally, in the GPOdiscs folder, double click "GPO Setup.exe". Follow the installation instructions in the installer.. Eventually the installer will ask for you to insert disc 2 or something like that.. just press OK and don't do anything with cds - the installation should continue just fine. Please note that we do not support Win 98/ME and this workround is done at your own risk...."

If I copy the files on the CD to a directory and run the setup, it seems to install correctly either in the default or in a custom directory. I tried both ways of installation.

Go Back to forum