• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cymbal roll question

Cymbal roll question

Hey all,

I'm new to GPO so please be patient. I was wondering the best method for controlling the timing of a hairpin cymbal roll. The included hairpin roll is too slow and too uniform. Is there a way to modify the time parameter? Mod wheel doesn't seem to do anything. I tried using the other sustained cymbal roll and superimposing a dynamic curve but it loses resonance and sounds artificial. Repeated 32nd notes with a superimposed dynamic curve is what i'm using now, but it's not ideal. If anyone has a better method, please share. Thanks.

Re: Cymbal roll question

Hi Tandrus,

GPO includes one or two looped cymbal rolls recorded at a constant dynamic with release samples. Using the mod wheel you can crescendo or decrescendo from N to FFF in however much time you want. They are located within the cymbals patch near the pre-timed cymbal swells. Try clicking around on your keyboard while riding the mod-wheel, you should find them. They work very well once you get the hang of it.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    The little voices in my head are singing four-part harmony.

Re: Cymbal roll question

Thanks Ric. I forgot to mention that i'm entering everything by hand via software and not using a keyboard. However, setting up my keyboard may be the only solution.

Go Back to forum