• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vocalizzo

Share/Bookmark

Vocalizzo

To celebrate my 1 year on the forum I'd like to post a short piece for Flauto and Trombone.
    Do you think it needs drums?
    Vocalizzo
    Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by sfiks; 09-04-2005 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Changed URL
    sfiks

Re: Vocalizzo

Hi sfiks,

This sounds nice. I don't think that drums are necessary. The percussive quality of the electric piano keeps that time well.

Nice mix and chordal structure!

Thanks for sharing!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Jerry,
    thank you for taking time to listen and comment. It seems you're the only one (out of 49 viewers ! ) who liked that "chordal structure". I'm still working on drums/percussion parts.
    sfiks

Very relaxing and smooth. I liked this a lot. Thanks.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Some beautiful writing here! I love your harmonic sense,although the piece has an easy feel to it,the occasional astringent harmony gives it a nice piquancy.I can imagine some nice Ride cymbal,but I dont feel it needs drums all over it.Keep it up, this is good stuff.
    regards

Thank you, Louis and Joaz! Now it's finished with kind of drums
    sfiks

Never look at the number of viewers compared to comments! I sometimes get hundreds of views and about 15 comments

I like this, it sure is easy listening! Perhaps you will reorchestrate it when JABB is in your possession? The drums don't seem to fit in my ears, they don't sound real enough. Besides that, it's a very nice relaxing piece. I enjoy listening to it.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

sfiks, I really like the sound of the strings. Be careful to not let them get on your nerves when they get into their high registers. I almost always pull volume back to keep this from happening. I'm not sure about the drums either. I think this piece will sound even more polished after JABB instruments are available.

Nice song though, very nice. !!!
    Dan

Thank you, Sean for your nice comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    The drums don't seem to fit in my ears, they don't sound real enough.
    I agree, they're far from real. They just help to diminish seriousness of first 20 measures and bring some easiness ( if that's the right word).
    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    sfiks, I really like the sound of the strings.
    Thank you, Dan. To hear that from such a master is a real pleasure.
    Be careful to not let them get on your nerves when they get into their high registers. I almost always pull volume back to keep this from happening
    You mean let them play loud enough over there?
    sfiks

This number is really nice, but the mixing could use a little work.You might want to skip the percussion (you don't really need it), quiet down the strings, and bring the flute and the trombone a little more forward in the mix to really stand out as solo instruments.

It does remind me a little bit of the chordal structure of "I only have eyes for you" near the end there, with a little 'Doogie Howser' sprinkled throughout.

Just my humble opinion.
    Bill Wright
    PWA Music

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast