• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opinions please :)

Share/Bookmark

Question Opinions please

Hi Everyone!

This is one that I've been working on today, and so far I'm fairly pleased. This is the introduction portion of a song that has been haunting me for almost 15 years. I plan on finishing this sometime this week. Please let me know your thoughts on the realism. Did I do this right? Am I improving over previous demos? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Steph

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

(Storm)

Re: Opinions please :)

Steph,
    well at first I wasn't into it and then I reread your post. Oh I get it an introduction. I like at about :23 secs on.
    I could imagine this as a beginning of a movie, like when the logo and CG and other titles are flying around.
    I don't know your other stuff, so I cannot comment on improvement. But I liked it towards the end. I've been editing a lot of music lately and my instinct says to chop the first 5-18 seconds and fade it in. Well, I've been editing more than writing lately.

Cool stuff. Will happily listen for more.

Steph,
    As a movie sound track it is superb. Can't wait to hear the finished work. Been through Morrison a zillion times, used to live in Golden.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Hi Steph,
    Sounds great to me. It could work out as a nice introduction. When I was on your site I checked out Redemption Part 3 New mix and it really grabbed my attention. All your pieces have good orchestrartion and your mastering is top notch quality.

I really like your works. Keep it up.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Thanks so much for listening

to JohnnyP: Thanks for your insight. I know that it's a little weird just being an intro, but it's still in it's rough state, and needs a little more work. I'm still trying to get the hang of how to get the most realistic sound possible

to Valhalx: Thank you so much for your kindness I'll post the finished piece when it's done p.s. - would you mind sending me a box of peaches?

to 88fingers: Thanks so much for listening to my pieces. I'm so glad that you like them. Your comments about my orchestration and my mastering mean a lot to me Thank you!!

Stephanie

Stephanie,

This is very well done. I think as an intro - it gets you listening. I have to agree that the production is very high quality too.

Can't wait to hear more of this!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

moviemaestro,

Yes, you are indeed doing this right and it is getting better and better. First, you start out with great compositions that lend themselves to orchestration. That's the hardest. Next your arranging and performances are very well done. And you certainly know your mixing.

Excellent work and thanks for sharing your music with us. I am looking forward to hearing more.

Gary Garritan

Oh My Gosh

to Jerry: Thank you so much for saying such nice things

to Mr. Garritan: Thank you so much for your wonderful reply! I feel so honored! I'm so glad that I'm finally able to do your library some justice Thank you! I look forward to sharing the finished piece!

Stephanie
    Oh, I feel like blushing

Hi Steph,

I think it's a very solid start. You are really doing well with the orchestration! 15 years is a long time for a piece to mature, so don't rush it :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more!

-John

As soon as the peaches are ripe a box will be on the way.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast