• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: RMX V2 - What Will We See?

Share/Bookmark

RMX V2 - What Will We See?

I've had RMX running on my system for about a week now and I have fallen completely and hopelessly in love with this instrument.

However, I'd love to see some things definately included when RMX evolves to V2. Or - ever the optimist: V1.3 non-chargeable upgrade

Things I'd hope to see

1. A solo button for any element you may be working with on any editing page - perhaps next to the name box?

2. A 'mute fx' button on the mixer for each channel for immediate (and easy) comparison purposes.

3. A way to use those audiolicious FX as plugin units for VST purposes - so I may grace my other mixed bits and bobs in SX.

4. More sounds, grooves, elements, hits, fx - aye, more everything.

5. A method to allow RMX to respond to my bass grooves. How fantastic would it be if I could somehow 'feed' RMX with my bassline as I play and it intelligently senses a slight increase/change in pace/tension/sound pressure to know I was about to move to a key change or a chorus or a bridge. Maybe I'd need a midi-pickup on my bass to let this happen - no problem! Roland make one. I bet their R & D team knew that - one day - an instrument like RMX would be waiting to make sweet, musical lurve with their GK-2A.

Heh: I'm perhaps playing a jazzy dub groove and it knows I'm moving on and -as if by magic - a ride suddenly appears after a smoth snare fill. Sure, I could programme this, but the chaos page inspires a lust for more-more-more as much as it inspires my playing.

6. A way to feed any midi signal via the chaos designer. Yes please!

Any other suggestions shadies and mentalmen?

RMX: the audio equivalent of . Without the mess.
    Last edited by MacFunk; 06-13-2005 at 04:05 AM. Reason: lysdexia

Re: RMX V2 - What Will We See?

Quote Originally Posted by MacFunk
    Any other suggestions shadies and mentalmen?
    I'd like Spectrasonics to only release SAGE expander packs that relate to the styles of music that I'm working with, taking into account possible changes in my taste over time.

I'd also like them to optomize RMX to run with the particular combination of software and hardware presently installed on my DAW.

They might also want to change the colour of the GUI so that it doesn't clash with the purple African Violets beside my monitor.

Apart from that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by itxlan
    change the colour of the GUI so that it doesn't clash with the purple African Violets beside my monitor.
    What a shocking oversight from Spectrasonic! But, neat, we want the interface to be skinable, too.
    Last edited by MacFunk; 06-13-2005 at 10:51 AM. Reason: lysdexia

Quote Originally Posted by MacFunk
    I've had RMX running on my system for about a week now and I have fallen completely and hopelessly in love with this instrument.
    Cool! Glad you're enjoying it. There are a few things that you requested that are already possible.

1. A solo button for any element you may be working with on any editing page - perhaps next to the name box?

2. A 'mute fx' button on the mixer for each channel for immediate (and easy) comparison purposes.
    Both othese can currently be done using a hardware controller and MIDI Learn. Once you start working this way, you'll never go back!

The cool thing is that you can do lots of other interesting customizations for your particular needs.

There will be a number of upcoming tutorials on MIDI Learn techniques for these types of applications posted next month.

4. More sounds, grooves, elements, hits, fx - aye, more everything.
    SAGE Xpanders :-)

Your other ideas were interesting too....we'll see....

RMX: the audio equivalent of . Without the mess.
    Now there's an Advert tagline! LOL!

spectrum

Well, I hope RMX becomes 64 bit compatible as a free upgrade to version 1.x as the industry moves to the 64 bit platform.

...that and more SAGE XPanders :-)

1- Drag and Drop of Midi files working in ProTools.
    2- Mouse scrolling inside the windows

I love RMX, but if I could ask for one more thing, I'd like to be able to demo loops at their native tempo, instead of the tempo of the host.

Those would require changes to ProTools. As much as we'd like to change ProTools, only Digidesign can do that :-).

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Lilu
    1- Drag and Drop of Midi files working in ProTools.
    2- Mouse scrolling inside the windows

What about just being able to scroll with the mouse, after all we Windows users have got loads of buttons to play with? :>)

D

Perhaps just as importantly - when will we see RMX 2?

Any hints, clues, predictions or even wild guesses most welcome.

Go Back to forum