I've had RMX running on my system for about a week now and I have fallen completely and hopelessly in love with this instrument.
However, I'd love to see some things definately included when RMX evolves to V2. Or - ever the optimist: V1.3 non-chargeable upgrade
Things I'd hope to see
1. A solo button for any element you may be working with on any editing page - perhaps next to the name box?
2. A 'mute fx' button on the mixer for each channel for immediate (and easy) comparison purposes.
3. A way to use those audiolicious FX as plugin units for VST purposes - so I may grace my other mixed bits and bobs in SX.
4. More sounds, grooves, elements, hits, fx - aye, more everything.
5. A method to allow RMX to respond to my bass grooves. How fantastic would it be if I could somehow 'feed' RMX with my bassline as I play and it intelligently senses a slight increase/change in pace/tension/sound pressure to know I was about to move to a key change or a chorus or a bridge. Maybe I'd need a midi-pickup on my bass to let this happen - no problem! Roland make one. I bet their R & D team knew that - one day - an instrument like RMX would be waiting to make sweet, musical lurve with their GK-2A.
Heh: I'm perhaps playing a jazzy dub groove and it knows I'm moving on and -as if by magic - a ride suddenly appears after a smoth snare fill. Sure, I could programme this, but the chaos page inspires a lust for more-more-more as much as it inspires my playing.
6. A way to feed any midi signal via the chaos designer. Yes please!
Any other suggestions shadies and mentalmen?
RMX: the audio equivalent of . Without the mess.