• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need a little help

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Need a little help

We're in the middle of adding some cool new things on the Show Programming site including Composer Channel shows, special offers on products, and a new Podcast for the Garritan products. The latter will feature the demos, etc. that Gary already has up in addition to new things like Jazz / Big Band goodies and more.

I could use a bit of help to in testing the podcast. Could you go to www.ShowProgramming.com and test the Podcast in the middle of the page? There's also links there for the free iPodder app for those of you who aren't listening to podcasting already.

Currently, there's only one test song in the stream. If you encounter any problems with it, please let me know so that I can make sure it's ready for prime time before adding all the real stuff.

Thanks, guys!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Need a little help

I tried to access the link but it did not open up in iPodder. It just opened a html text window.

I figured it out. I was able to subscribe by pasting the URL into the iPodder subscription field.

Hi, Drumroll.

Yeah, that's how you do it. Then if you go to the Subscriptions tab in iPodder, you'll see a green button with two arrows on the left most side of the toolbar with popup help text that says "Check for new podcasts". Click that, and it should start downloading the mp3 file. "Tools / Scheduler" allows you to set things up so that all your subscriptions are automatically checked and downloaded each day.

Let me know if the download goes okay, and thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I've cleared the testing link, I'll post again once I've got the production podcast link up so we can make sure nothing goes bump in the night...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum