• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Michael is innocent!

Share/Bookmark

OT - Michael is innocent!

God bless you Michael. Keep making music...

Cool Re: OT - Michael is innocent!

Yeah... I still listen to 'Thriller' once a week.

Re: OT - Michael is innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Tarkus
    eh - the only good thing about a conviction would be if he'd stop

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Tarkus
    He was found not guilty, not innocent. But it would be nice if he could make music, go on tour, and publicly grab himself again. . . . for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by e_SEB
    He was found not guilty, not innocent.
    I'm no fan, and very disturbed by some of his actions, regardless of the verdict. But according to the law, one is innocent until proven guilty. The verdict therefore means that, in the eyes of the law, he is innocent of the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    I'm no fan, and very disturbed by some of his actions, regardless of the verdict. But according to the law, one is innocent until proven guilty. The verdict therefore means that, in the eyes of the law, he is innocent of the charges.
    Slogans are nice, "innocent until proven guilty", but that isn't a "law", as such. It's a statement about a standard of proof and who has the burden of proving; namely, the state, the prosecution. This is clearer when we state fully that it isn't a statement of fact, about innocence, which a person is or isn't already before any court proceedings, and which cannot be altered by those proceedings, but a PRESUMPTION of innocence.

What I mean is that what is determined in courts is not final arbitrator of "Truth", but what can be established to some degree. Not gulity is the contradition of guilty, that guilt was not establish for this particular jury, as with O.J. Simpson. It does not establish innocence, which is a contrary of guilty and a positive statement on facts also unestablished.

The man is guilty of being reckless and tactless to the wolves of the media though.

I'd forgive all the child fellatio if his last album had been any good.

Quote Originally Posted by metrobot
    I'd forgive all the child fellatio if his last album had been any good.
    Now this post is as insensitive as it can get - even if you wanted it to
    be ironic...

Tobias

Go Back to forum