• Register
  • Help

Topic: What Piano Libraries Are Plug-Ins?

Share/Bookmark

What Piano Libraries Are Plug-Ins?

Hi there:

I'm a pianist and composer who has been on the receiving end of death threats from friends and family because I haven't recorded any of my solo music. Since my life is of some value to me, I've decided to invest in a dedicated piano sample library.

I already have GPO, and the Steinway is nice, but lacks velocity layers. I have a hard time being expressive/intimate with it. (My favorite composer is Chopin, which should give some insight into my playing style.)

I don't own a sampler, just a sequencer and notation software, so my best bet is probably a plug-in library. I'm considering the PMI Bosendorfer 290 since it is available as a Kompakt plug-in.

What other piano libraries that do not require a sampler would you fine people recommend?

Re: What Piano Libraries Are Plug-Ins?

Ivory?

www.synthogy.com

/Yoss

Ivory is not yet available for PC.

Smile Re: What Piano Libraries Are Plug-Ins?

Galaxy Steinway is a plug-in.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

"PMI Bosendorfer 290 since it is available as a Kompakt plug-in."

From what I have read, that's probably a good choice.

Then I think you could pick up Kontakt 2 a a large discount and have access to a large number of top notch sample libraries.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

He can't use Ivory because he has a PC.

PMI Bosendorfer 290 is a really nice piano plug in. Up to 16 velocity layers and a lot or versatility with release samples that allows you to basically create as simple or complex a piano sound as your system can handle.

... or take part in the PMI group buy and get the Halion Player separately. That's a very inexpensive route that will give you a very decent choice of weapons. you can even move up to Kontakt later if you so decide.

Go Back to forum