• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recording question

Recording question

I want to record the digital, realtime output of GPO directly from core audio, i.e. I don't want to route the core audio output to an external audio device then record through it. That results in distortion. What is the best solution? I'm using mac os 10.3.9 and overture. I tried configuring my recording software (sound studio) to accept core audio as input, but I think it only reads from the audio-in line rather than directly from the sound card. Is there software that can easily do this? Thanks.

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Recording question

If you are using Overture, then I assume you are using GPO Studio as your playback device. You can record your audio directly through the latest version (GPO Studio v1.2) which is downloadable from the Garritan site. If your question involves something other than this, then perhaps I misunderstood your question.

Check out WireTap by Ambrosia. Comes in very handy for what you're talking about.

At the moment, it appears their site may be down, but this link should be valid once they're back online.

Good luck!
    Jim Casella

Thanks Jim! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Go Back to forum