• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Piano Fantasy" with orch.

Share/Bookmark

"Piano Fantasy" with orch.

Music lovers,

Below is my "Piano Fantasy" with orchestra. It is my sincere wish that you like it. I am in the process of re-doing it to improve the instrumentation.

It is rather lengthy at 04:42.

Regards to everyone,

Larry A.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...anoFantasy.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: "Piano Fantasy" with orch.

Woe Larry ... this is a BIG change from the usual! I am extremely impressed with your ability to compose in various genres. Jealous I say I am. Just a bit jealous mind you! This is awesome! Love the hell out of this one!
    Love the piano nice work!
    Styxx

Re: "Piano Fantasy" with orch.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Whoa, Larry ... this is a BIG change from the usual! I am extremely impressed with your ability to compose in various genres. Jealous I say I am. Just a bit jealous mind you! This is awesome! Love the hell out of this one!
    Love the piano nice work!
    Thanky, thanky, Mikey.

This one uses some GPO but I am re-doing it so that it will be all-GPO.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thanky, thanky, Mikey.

This one uses some GPO but I am re-doing it so that it will be all-GPO.

My best,

Larry A.
    < Your best wha? Best? That aint your best? What best? Best do it again? Why? Where? GPO who? Best? Your Best or my best? Bare azz me again.
    Still amazes me!
    Styxx

GREAT work!!

Are the strings GPO? The sound different.

Let's hear some more orchestral Larry A!!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    GREAT work!!

Are the strings GPO? The sound different.

Let's hear some more orchestral Larry A!!

-Chris
    Some of the strings are GPO. There is much too much reverb which I need to correct. The orchestral intro to the piano is too long and the instrument levels are not good. Other than all that I guess it's not bad.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I am sorry to everyone else, because I am very critical and picky. Being a classically trained guy myself in counterpoint and all that, I'm pretty much a die-hard purist in that sense.

And so not to disrespect anyone else here, there is a lot of great stuff, but this is by far the greatest thing I have heard here. Absolutely awesome and terrific, I usually do not get excited at all but it is very rarely that I see that small hint of talent. There's many people that have the technique but the reason we have no more Mozarts and Brahms walking the earth has little to do with technique as I'm sure you'd all agree. You seem to possess that rare gift of musical storytelling, the "it" quality.

Superb bloody work! I am curious in your own training and qualifications if any? Are you classically trained in a university etc?

Once again, absolutely incredible work, for some reason in alot of ways it not only reminds me of Mozart but of his c minor piano concerto in particular, number 24, the allegretto movement. Keep up the good work.

My goodness! I am flabbergasted!

Thank you so much for your very nice comments. The production on this work leaves a lot to be desired.

I attended Texas Eastern School of Music in Tyler, Texas for three years. My major was music composition. I had been writing small and large orchestral works for many years before entering college. As a student, I wrote all of the special arrangements for the college band that was played for performances of the female dance group The Apache Belles. I did not continue and earn my degree which is something that I have always regretted.

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Bah...screw the degree. It's pretty obvious to me that you don't need it. I'm downloading all the music of yours I can find now, soon I'll have the whole collection, it's just taking a bit because I'm on a 56k so I have about 100mb and hours worth of downloading to do ;-)

I just really appreciate music that A. is crafted with technical mastery
    B. Has thematic substance

I hear alot of very good musicians here, some who have the technical chops in terms of music theory, some who only have the technical chops in terms of mastering the actual programs they use and thus making a very polished sounding product with very realistic touches but which is lacking in substance.

But I believe it takes a true and rare talent to have them all come together although the true "substance" of expression is the rarest of all and thus the most important and I think you really do have there Larry boy.

So far I've got the piano fantasy, clarinet study, woodwind trio, woodwind quintet, and I'm downloading something else at the moment, is there anything in particular you recommend and can tell me which page it is on? I have to redownload the woodwind quintet though because the bloody connection gave out during the download and I was only left with 3 minutes of it, though so far I thought it was quite brilliant.

I like your style because it is exciting in the way it mixes so many elements of so many genres and styles all together, there's everything from baroque elements to classical to romantic to modern pop flashiness and melodic sweetness at times, but the beautiful thing is no one can accuse you of being a pop star because of your obvious mastery of mastery of contrapuntal technique and likewise no one can accuse you of being a pedant because your music is too strong melodically to be relegated to the waste bin of pure compositional pedantry.

Thanks for your compliments.

You may or may not like my:

Big Band Jazz ("Teddy Bears' Nightmare") - page 48
    Golan - page 44
    Solitude - page 31
    Woodwind Quartet #03 - page 30
    Friends - page 30
    Quartet - page 29
    Tuba Or Not Tuba - page 29
    Flute And Guitar - page 28
    Woodwind Quintet #07 - page 27