• Register
  • Help

Topic: synching two pc's or adding another soundcard (Gigastudio)

Share/Bookmark

synching two pc\'s or adding another soundcard (Gigastudio)

Presently, when I\'m not in the studio, I do some scoring/arranging at home on my 1.0ghz PC using video vegas, acid. I will digitize a 3/4 of say a commercial/tv scene into a iso *mov file.
    I then take it home and load into VIDEO VEGAS, (video track 1, audio track 2), I then generate midi time code, open ACID, have acid chase and boom, instant gratification, however....

I would like to introduce a sampler, preferably, gigastudio, to this setup as well as using a yamaha cs6x to trigger and maybe even a seq. package.

I thought about just getting another soundcard, plugging it in and have the outs of this new card (gigasampler), go into the in\'s of my present card and trigger while having vegas and acid run..

is this possible and, should I use a hardware SYNCH to lock up? Acid will chase midi time code only.....

Also, if I where to build a seperate PC for giga, how would I synch them together and where can I read more about?

I\'m also wondering about what adding mixtreme pci card would add to the mix (no pun intended) - - it seems that the mixtreme card is almost zero latency with a tascam tdm1000 and I\'m wondering if this would be a good combo.

Right now with the present setup (one card) there is no way to trigger giga studio and record while also playing back as giga presently plays as audio and if I record in Video Veg, it would also capture the sound design, v/o, etc, plus the ACID mix.

The only way to do this is to get another sound card - - correct?

thanks

Re: synching two pc\'s or adding another soundcard (Gigastudio)

Easy answer - TWO PCs.

No question when you\'re running that much stuff on your 1ghz machine.

Most people have enough problems running a sequencer and Giga on a single machine, let alone video and acid.

You could run the sequencer on the video machine, and send midi into the midi card of a 2nd pc just running Giga.

That way all your synching problems can be dealt with inside the one PC.

Most of the sequencers will let you run a video track as well these days.

Useful info and forums here:
    http://www.audioforums.com/

OK - -great, let me make sure I understand - -

PC 1 runs Video Vegas and Acid,
    PC 2 runs giga.

I record the audio of giga into VEGAS - -how is it capturing the audio from PC2?

PS, I am only using Vegas to play my digitized *.mov (iso) file (commercial, spot, trailer, etc). Vegas seems to be the only program that will play a qt ver 5, ISO format on the PC (digitized from Media Composer/MAC).

Acid is also a large part of how I work - - now I want to add samples....via giga.

thanks,
    jrichards
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Easy answer - TWO PCs.

No question when you\'re running that much stuff on your 1ghz machine.

Most people have enough problems running a sequencer and Giga on a single machine, let alone video and acid.

You could run the sequencer on the video machine, and send midi into the midi card of a 2nd pc just running Giga.

That way all your synching problems can be dealt with inside the one PC.

Most of the sequencers will let you run a video track as well these days.

Useful info and forums here:
    http://www.audioforums.com/
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to mix things inside the Vegas/Audio Sequencer PC, the Gigasampler PC card\'s output/s can be run into the Vegas PC card\'s inputs.

Vegas has unlimited audio tracks - right?

That just leaves you with the need(or maybe not) for a midi sequencer.

I don\'t know Vegas, so maybe I\'m missing something...

Go Back to forum