• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Topic: "Flute Study #08"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Flute Study #08"

    All,

    Here is my "Flute Study #08".

    It has been successfully played, in past years, by a real, live human-being person (a chick flute player) so please don't tell me that there are "no places to breathe".

    Regards,

    Larry A.


    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...uteStudy08.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Clear, clean writing, as always, Larry!

    Flute players of skill can handle these passages fine; plenty of convenient cadential points for a "catch breath" when needed.

    Again, this would be great, live -- electronic production tends to tie your hands a lot in bringing out the more expressive qualities my mind's ear hears imbued in this fine piece.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Now Larry I have no doubt about language!!!!
    This exercise is very good and of course as I have already said the GPO flute is really amazing, and you make sound it very very well.
    Also I am really impressed about your C.cembalo handling. Are you a pianist?
    As usually you make very beautiful composition!!
    Best regards,
    Roberto

  4. #4

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Clear, clean writing, as always, Larry!

    Flute players of skill can handle these passages fine; plenty of convenient cadential points for a "catch breath" when needed.

    Again, this would be great, live -- electronic production tends to tie your hands a lot in bringing out the more expressive qualities my mind's ear hears imbued in this fine piece.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    No one has ever characterized my writing as 'clean' before, David. Thank you for that. "Dirty" writing wouldn't be the thing to do, I suppose.

    Thanks for your uplifting comments.

    My best to you,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Now Larry I have no doubt about language!!!!
    This exercise is very good and of course as I have already said the GPO flute is really amazing, and you make sound it very very well.
    Also I am really impressed about your C.cembalo handling. Are you a pianist?
    As usually you make very beautiful composition!!
    Best regards,
    Roberto
    I am not a good keyboard person. My skills are definitely lacking in that field.

    Thanks for listening.

    Best regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    No one has ever characterized my writing as 'clean' before, David. Thank you for that. "Dirty" writing wouldn't be the thing to do, I suppose.

    Thanks for your uplifting comments.

    My best to you,

    Larry A.
    Indeed... I wouldn't know, of course, from personal experience -- but I'm told that writing dirty pays really, really well... lol.

    In his day, Mozart's work was often subject to confusion over the difference between simplemindedness and simplicity of form. Not bad company, that, though.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Indeed... I wouldn't know, of course, from personal experience -- but I'm told that writing dirty pays really, really well... lol.

    In his day, Mozart work was often subject to confusion over the difference between simplemindedness and simplicity of form. Not bad company, that, though.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    I would have loved to live in the days of "Wolfie" and hang with him and shine his shoes and carry his manuscript paper for him.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Really great peice, but the flute doesn't have much time to brethe. Can you imagine a live flutist playing that?



    Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

    Nice reverb.
    What is it?

    Actually, I enjoyed the high string work a lot. I don't know why, but I think high strings sounds so high-class and fancy. I like it. The harpsichord really adds to this fanciness.
    Nice realism, too!

    As always, great work!

    -Chris

  9. #9
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    A chick flute player? Hmmmm.
    Anyway. I must say you are truelly gifted. I respect anybody who can whip out a decent allegro.
    As far as being Mozart's lacky, I'm in line behind you. In addition to being the musicians musician, he was reputed to be a party animal. What more could you ask for in a boss. Going back the chick thing, he was also a chick magnet.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  10. #10

    Re: "Flute Study #08"

    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Really great peice, but the flute doesn't have much time to brethe. Can you imagine a live flutist playing that?



    Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

    Nice reverb.
    What is it?

    Actually, I enjoyed the high string work a lot. I don't know why, but I think high strings sounds so high-class and fancy. I like it. The harpsichord really adds to this fanciness.
    Nice realism, too!

    As always, great work!

    -Chris
    The reverb is part of Kontakt version two.

    Thanks for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •