• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best cinematic drum/percussion set ?

Share/Bookmark

Best cinematic drum/percussion set ?

I'm writing a lot of film-score style music where the usual drum boxes and loops just don't fit at all. In fact I can't stand hearing the usual drum sounds in the usual and predictable patterns.

So I'm wndering what's the best sample set of drum sounds which are more 'cinematic' than pop or techno ? I'm not really after orchestral percussion, but more ambient.

Any suggestions ? I'm looking at Storm Drum but am not too sure... are there better alternatives ?

Re: Best cinematic drum/percussion set ?

do a search on this forum for an awesome thread by Bruce about creating big style drums, then there is Storm Drums, First Strike, layering efx with the hits of drums, Ractor 5 and electronic Instruments 2, or NI's i(s it Synthetic Drums 2)? I cant remember(layer different sounds on top of the hits and use big reverb etc) I honestly think you can't loose with Storm Drums
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Storm Drums yes, yes and umm... yes.

If you want something more versatile I would suggest Stylus RMX. It has some cinematic stuff, as well as the more pop/rock/techno stuff (which I know you arent interested in now, but might be later)

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much decided it in favor of SD.

In fact I can't stand hearing the usual drum sounds in the usual and predictable patterns.
    I'm not sure that you'll be happy with SD then....it essentially sounds like every single action trailer that you've ever heard in the past 2 years.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    I'm not sure that you'll be happy with SD then....it essentially sounds like every single action trailer that you've ever heard in the past 2 years.

True. I purchased it and while it can be pretty useful at times, I was a bit disaponted and I prefer to use it to do realistic drums for pop now.

I'd try True Strike with pleasure though
    News & Music here.

Go Back to forum