• Register
  • Help

Topic: New York Philharmonic Live at Lincoln Center PBS

Share/Bookmark

New York Philharmonic Live at Lincoln Center PBS

I just finished watching The New York Philharmonic play a few numbers on PBS, one of which was Stravinsky's Firebird. What an incredible moving piece of music that is huh? I have heard it for years but it is always incredible when I experience it.

The director, David Roberts I believe is his name, has taken the job of director for our St. Louis Symphony.

What a great show this is that PBS does, and to sit there and think that GPO was born right there in Lincoln Center, was very cool, or was it GOS, oh well one of them anyway!

dpDan

Re: New York Philharmonic Live at Lincoln Center PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I just finished watching The New York Philharmonic play a few numbers on PBS, one of which was Stravinsky's Firebird. What an incredible moving piece of music that is huh? I have heard it for years but it is always incredible when I experience it.

The director, David Roberts I believe is his name, has taken the job of director for our St. Louis Symphony.

What a great show this is that PBS does, and to sit there and think that GPO was born right there in Lincoln Center, was very cool, or was it GOS, oh well one of them anyway!

dpDan
    I watched part of it too. PBS comes in terrible here. But I was able to listen to the Sibelius Violin Concerto (1st half of the concert)

Remarkable.

Wow - Martin Bookspan has been commentating forever!

I remember hearing him when I was 14 watching PBS and listening to NPR.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Martin sounded really shakey didn't he?
    I just wish violinists and other classical musicians would play with all their emotion without sniffing at 95 db before each phrase, GOSH! I hate that, I always have....
    I know, it's because they are so "into it"
    I really get into my mixing too, but I don't sniff after every time I finish moving a fader. LOL !

Great performance otherwise

So when is Bela D going to make a sniff library?
    Dan

I don't sniff after every time I finish moving a fader.
    Those were the days, my friend - when we DID! (I remember the 70s - well, not really, but I remember that I was in them)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Those were the days, my friend - when we DID! (I remember the 70s - well, not really, but I remember that I was in them)
    Oh I get it David,
    although I can say I never tried any of that schtuff and I'm glad.

dp

Go Back to forum