• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Now that's Saxophone

Now that's Saxophone

I don't know if this is new for any?
    ''Liquid Saxo'' is out.

Listen to the demos, this is a convincing plug-in to play Sax.

It fool my ears most of the time, and we know Sax is one major instrument that is hard to emulate. It was a matter of time for Celemony to cooperate for a Vst instrument and bring this new way to build phrases.

Really blow my mind.

Francois Jolin

Re: Now that's Saxophone

It's loops and phrases! Anyone can make a bunch of riffs sound real.

What it doesn't demonstrate in any of the demos it how well it can manipulate the phrases

Even though it says pitch, formant, tempo etc can be stretched and varied it doesn't give any examples of this.

... At least all the phrases sound nice

Just my 2c

Ben H

I understand. Still it just blur the lines between full loop and sample patch a bit more.

The thing like you said is to know to what point we can edit theses.

I'm downloading the demo we will see how much.
    Francois Jolin

Hey Elfen,

I hope I didn't sound too harsh, I didn't mean too.

I would be interested to see a "before" and "after" version of something you can create.

Ben H

No problem Ben

I was maybe a bit too enthusiastic about it.
    What I like about this is a way to interpolate articulations in such a way that it sound convincing. I found physical modelling and this technology to be really promising.

I hope someday we can see basic samples-patch , physical modeling and ''sample-phrases modeling'' ala Celemony to merge in one application.

Would be great!
    Francois Jolin

I too am excited about the variety and scope of technologies emerging of late.

Certainly there is no excuse to blame the tools any more.

Happy music making,

Ben H

Just tried their demo and it isn't that bad. Actually you can alter the phrases as you wish without affecting the quality too much.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

between this place and that place

have you heard Sampletank2's saxes with stretch man those sound great! I use them all the time when I do stuff with Saxes the Tenor Sax is just Awesome!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Hi all,

A Saxophone library for me is only worth the bucks if it can be executed in real time. To piece sax phrases together that has already been recorded probably offers a great sound. (it could very well be placed in a score strategically) The main issue for me (for the jazz genre) is what one does with an improvisation. ( a few choruses) This is where the real time virtual player steps up to the plate and hopes that a library can deliver and accomodate he or shes articulations.

I'm currently working on a Candy Demo for the Soprano in real time and I like how the sample is responding to my fingers using the Motif 8 as the controller. I still need to added some more inflections with a bend or a drop (a fall) in soem places. Since the software is new to me as a VST, I am making inquiries. I'll have to let Christian (Yellow Tools) hear it before I post it.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

hi Alan,

I think the same about this, rephrasing something that is already recorded is not always intuitive if you are a keyboard player at first.

I use Reason as well as Vst's, and I make use of Rex files. What I see in this technologies ala Liquid Sax is an improvement of the basic loop time stretching, and pitch shifting in a loop librairy. It's now more intuitive.

Far from being the jack of all trades tool. I think it can be the future of loop base librairy.

But still I'm more into hiring a real Sax player when I got time and money.
    Francois Jolin

Go Back to forum