• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New GPO missing Ambience

Share/Bookmark

New GPO missing Ambience

Hi, Gary and all,

I recently installed GPO (group buy) and can not find the ambience plug-in. I read in the manual tto install the .exe file, but where is it? So far, not in any of the folders for GPO, or on disc one. Also, the package included 3 cd's, but should there be 4?

I'm getting my feet wet anyway with it, pretty darn cool.

Rick

Re: New GPO missing Ambience

The fourth CD is not included with the group buy (and was CLEARLY stated that way) and that is where the "extras" are. So the group buy does NOT include Cubasis 4 VST, Overture SE, nor the Ambiance reverb, sorry.

Tom

I didn't expect the 'extras' and thought that is why 3 cd's, but mistakenly thought the Ambience plug was part of the GPO. My mistake there. Would be nice though, hearing such good things about it.

R

Here is what it did say:

GROUP BUY PRODUCT:
    GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA (Special Group Buy Version) - 3 CD-ROMs. (includes full Orchestral Library, Native Instruments Kontakt Player. GPO Studio host & Ambience available for download. Note: Cubasis VST and Overture are NOT included)

Guess I assumed the Studio host & Ambience were were free downloads. Studio is.

There are a lot of free reverb plugins, go to the kvr forum ( www.kvraudio.com ) and do a search http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode...sort=1&rpp=100 Also, I thought the GPO group buy included the GPO Studio, which has the Ambience plugin built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky B
    I didn't expect the 'extras' and thought that is why 3 cd's, but mistakenly thought the Ambience plug was part of the GPO. My mistake there. Would be nice though, hearing such good things about it.

R
    Ambience is directly available as a VST (free download as a fully functional demo) - see KVR Audio for this and a huge number of other plugins. Another reverb that I have been very impressed by is Glaceverb, which is 100% free. You will need a VST host other than GPO studio, of course.

Regards,
    Alan W.

Thanks!
    I use Cubase SX2 BTW, and have visited KVR. Just got Glaceverb!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky B
    Here is what it did say:

GROUP BUY PRODUCT:
    GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA (Special Group Buy Version) - 3 CD-ROMs. (includes full Orchestral Library, Native Instruments Kontakt Player. GPO Studio host & Ambience available for download. Note: Cubasis VST and Overture are NOT included)

Guess I assumed the Studio host & Ambience were were free downloads. Studio is.
    That seems like a fair assumption given that it's clearly stated that Cubasis and Overture "are not included" but Studio host and Ambience are "available for download".

So what does "GPO Studio host & Ambience available for download." actually mean then?... I'm not feeling very good about this.

Have you looked here:

http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

scroll down to:

"GPO STUDIO V 1.2 - NEW! - Now with Capture to Audio!"
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

The original source for Ambience can be gotten here:

http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

I think you have to pay, but it is up to you how much, but the demo only has a nag screen to trouble you otherwise is fully operational. If the original advert said that Ambience would be part of the downloadable components, then an email to Gary should sort it out I would have thought.

Go Back to forum