• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Loading of GPO files too long! Help plz!

Share/Bookmark

Loading of GPO files too long! Help plz!

Please somebody tell me there is an easier way of doing this.
    For example: Everytime I open up a file/sequence (I use Logic by the way), the GPO files have to load. Well, if I have a lot of them on some files, so, it takes a while. The other day, I wanted to copy a track (it was a Audio track, just to specify) from one file/sequence to another. Both files/sequences use GPO sounds. EVERY time I select one of the sequences, the GPO files have to RE-load. I just copied ONE sequence (one track) from on logic file to the other and this took me about 5 minutes! WAY too long! I am on a timeline and cannot afford this! I have all my GPO files in the Logic folder. Is that where they should be? They are on my main computer like everything esle! Please help!

Re: Loading of GPO files too long! Help plz!

Hi, Wolfi228.
    Make sure that the RAM locking feature is off. Then you can load more samples, AND it loads faster! I don't know why the feature is there....

And a similiar question from me:
    (darnit I hope I haven't asked this before. Sorry if I have)
    Even with RAM locking turned on, it takes around ten minuites to load a full orchestra (strings KS, four of each woodwind and brass, percussion).

Are these the problems you're reffering to? If not, I don't want to hijack the thread, so please disreguard.

-Chris

I would guess that each sample is a giant file.

Patience, grasshoppers!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic

Patience, grasshoppers!
    Not quite the answer I was looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic

Patience, grasshoppers!
    No, not patience!! I am scoring a movie where I have a time limit!
    Big samples? Nope! So far the whole sequence has 6 tracks. The most polyphony is 2-4 voices. Only 3 of these sequences has GPO and it takes too long to load. I cannot even imagine loading a whole orchestra. This would takes at LEAST 15-30 minutes to load. I love the GOP sounds but I keep going back to my EXS-24 samples only because there is no load time.
    I had a client over at my place tonight and I had to go back and forth beyween three sequences. Every time I switched, the GPO files had to re-load.
    So, I was just sitting there trying to kill time. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?
    What is meant with the RAM lock?
    If somebody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I LOVE the GPO sounds and really want to use them!

Wolfi228,

Did you download the most recent Kontakt Player from our downloads page? You'll notice increased load times if you are using that version. You can go to the link here: http://garritan.com/downloads.html

Also, some have posted some registry tweaks for faster loading, but htis is not recommended unless you are very computer savy.

Gary Garritan

Do you have install the DFD patch and have it enabled? (It will automatically enable after installing it...) I got horrible results with it on, load times for a full orchestra would take 5-10 minutes, plus notes would often cut off after a few seconds. I looked in the settings a realized that DFD had be automatically enabled, turned it off, and everything is running smooth again. If it's not that, and you have all your updates, then I guess this could be a very good exercise in build patience.
    Tim

Hi Gary,

Yes, I do have the latest Kontakt player. Thank you. I aprreciate your help!

Maybe this has something to do with your hardware. I'm loading off a USB drive and I think it's just the USB interface that's slowing everything down. What kind of interface does your hard drive have?

-Chris

I had similar problem before I up my ram to 2 gigs, started turning off anything that was not needed running in the background and also upgraded my processing speed from 2.66 to 2.88. May not seem to be much but I can tell you the long load time is no more! Also, all my samples are on a separate HD. I know now that Norton's and other virus programs run in the background and can slow things considerably. I disable Norton’s and only enable when on line. Of course, I concur this may not be the total answer if at all. However, I thought I would share in hopes it may help even in the least.
    Good luck.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum