• Register
  • Help

Topic: Off to camp!

Share/Bookmark

Off to camp!

Hey guys!
    I'm going to a music camp this summer starting tomorrow (Saturday). I'll be back in two weeks.

It's a great camp for string players taught by members of the Pilly Orchestra. I learn so much there and my playing improves so dramaticly!

I can't wait!!

And best of all, the cafeteria food is REALLY good!

-Chris

Re: Off to camp!

So, do all of you use your bows to roast marshmallow over a fire under the stars at night during a full moon? So that's what my string tech professor meant by "Sticky Bows"!
    This sounds like fun. I've never heard of something like this! I am jealous! Have a great time and let us know how everything turns out!
    Hey, you could start the cptexas fireside string method course! Naw, maybe not. Have fun!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    So, do all of you use your bows to roast marshmallow over a fire under the stars at night during a full moon? So that's what my string tech professor meant by "Sticky Bows"!
    This sounds like fun. I've never heard of something like this! I am jealous! Have a great time and let us know how everything turns out!
    Hey, you could start the cptexas fireside string method course! Naw, maybe not. Have fun!

Actually, this camp isn't very 'campy' at all. It's held in Bryn Mawr, PA (right by Philly) at Bryn Mawr College (the sister campus of Villanova) which is a beautiful campus (will post many pictures). It's more like a school setup during a typical day. Wake up, camp meeting, orch. rehersal for 3 hours , lunch, private practice for three hours , chamber for two hours, an hour of free time (will bring my laptop and work on my tripple concerto druring this), dinner, and then evening activities. Fun, fun, fun!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

-Chris

Thumbs up Re: Off to camp!

Wow, sounds great! To be able to play my instrument all day with others! Have fun!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Wow, sounds great! To be able to play my instrument all day with others! Have fun!
    For sure...orchestral rehersal for 3 hours, private practice for three hours, chamber for two hours...this would be wonderful!

Enjoy it while you can, Chris!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    For sure...orchestral rehersal for 3 hours, private practice for three hours, chamber for two hours...this would be wonderful!

Enjoy it while you can, Chris!

;-)
    I will!!!

Can't wait.....THREE MORE HOURS untill I leave!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!
    Can't wait!
    Can't wait!

And I'm also going to bring my laptop and GPO to camp 'cause I get countless inspirations while there. So I'll be composing for my hour of free time!! Orch rehersal, private practice, chamber, compose, master class. Now THAT'S the LIFE!!!!!!!

Can't wait!
    Can't wait!
    Can't wait!

-Chris

PS: Gee, I can't wait for anything today! I can't wait for my GPO to load, I can't wait for GPOA, I can't wait for JABB, I can't wait for the Strad, I don't have the ability to wait!

Whew, sounds exhausting! Seems like it will certainly be a great experience; have fun!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum