• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Peter and the Wolf.... it's out!

Share/Bookmark

Peter and the Wolf.... it's out!

Peter and the Wolf written by Sergi Prokofiev and played by Karl Garrett is out!

I just received my copy in the mail today. Very cool!
    I want to let you all know you can order them from Karl.
    This would make an excellent Christmas or birthday gift for all ages.

It turned out real nice Karl!

dpDan

Re: Peter and the Wolf.... it's out!

Congratulations Karl!

Tom

All right!

Karl...would you like to repeat how to order one of these? I think you posted this info earlier, but I can't find it now. I'll take one.
    Jim
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Man, that's terrific- Digipack and everything! Great illustrations. Congrats, Karl!!

Thumbs up Re: Peter and the Wolf.... it's out!

Congratulations Karl! Looks superb.
    Styxx

Congratulations Karl! This looks great.

It must feel fantastic to see the product of your hard work and talent.

How can we order?

All the best for a successful launch!

Gary Garritan

Wow!

Looks great!

How can I order?

-Chris

Hi everybody,

Gosh, Dan, you didn't have to go and do this. Thank you.

Peter and the Wolf started out as a little project it try and include my wife, Joani, in my music. She has always played the moon in our sun-moon music relationship, and I so wanted to include her in a project. Since she is a great reader, Peter and the Wolf was a natural marriage of her skills and GPO. Besides, maybe if she gets excited enough, maybe she might let me buy some new toys for the next project. hehehe But it has kind of taken wings since we first started it.

Gary, a copy went out to you yesterday USPS first class. You should get it the first of next week.

Our shipping department is a little overwhelmed, (actually she's on vacation visiting her sister in CA) but we are working hard to catch up with prerelease orders. For those of you who already ordered, the final batch will be sent out to you today.

For those members of this forum who would like a copy, please send me a private message and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

Yes, Fred, it is a 6-page digipack. A friend did the artwork of some scenes from the story and the digipack format is perfect for kids to read along. I only wish I had the money to do 8 or 12 pages. After 6 the cost seems to go up exponentially. I am really happy with the packaging and design.

For those who are not members of this forum, if you email me (karl@garrettguitar.com) we can make arrangements. It will also be available at the usual online places like Amazon, CD Baby, CD Now, Borders On Line and so on. We are working hard to try to avoid the usual CD-record outlets and place it in children’s bookstores, boutiques educational stores and such.

I think it will do better in those environments than getting lost in the mire of the thousands of rock/rap recordings that are being released everyday. It will also be available to my nonexistent website, which we're desperately trying to get up now. All this I hope will be coming along in the next couple of months. And we are in the process of creating 3 new projects.

There seems to be a lot to do and think about with this little venture, I can only imagine what it must be like for Gary who is now getting ready to release 114 new libraries all at the same time.

Thanks so much for those of you who have showed an interest in Peter and the Wolf. I only wish you could all come to the release party on July 9.

Thanks again,

Karl

Only my congrats Karl!!!

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Gary, a copy went out to you yesterday USPS first class. You should get it the first of next week.
    Karl,

Your "Peter and the Wolf" arrived in the mail, and......

IT IS FANTASTIC!!!

Marianne and I enjoyed it immensely. Very professionally done. The orchestration and mix was first rate. And your performance on all the instruments was amazing. Joani's narration was just perfect. The artwork really enhances the total package. Also enjoyed the Wolf Song. This would be great for to put this up on the Composer Channel.

Thanks very much for sending this. I'll be listening to this often and ordering copies as gifts. I urge all GPO community members to pcik up a copy. Highly recommended!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum