• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Group Buy: Any Gotchas?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Group Buy: Any Gotchas?

Hi Gang. I've jus received by GPO yesterday and I'm using it with Logic 7.1 I'm curious how everyone's installation process has gone, because I'm coming across a few odities...such as:
    - I'm completely registered and authenticated, yet the program say nope: I've only got 29 more days. It's not accepting me even though I'm "legal."
    - I got 3 discs in my package. Is that right? If so, where are the extras, such as the harp packets? Should there be 3 or 4 discs?
    - Several of the instrument patches are missing. The program want me to find them, but they aren't anywhere in the library.
    - I downloaded the 1.1.0.04 update tonight, but everything noted above remains the same.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having problems, or, as they say: "Is it just me?" Thanks in advance.

Re: GPO Group Buy: Any Gotchas?

Hi Interoctave,

Go to the Native Instruments registration site to see if you're fully authorized. There is a link to manage authorizations. It could be you did not get the email from them.

The Group Buy did not include Cubasis or Overture so the 4th disc was not included which contained them.

I'm not sure why patches are missing. It may be a bad installation. Or perhaps installing across drives.

Here's what I recommend. Uninstall. Go to the Native Instruments site and check your authorization. Reinstall using the easy install and install in a user account on your boot drive. Then download the 1.1.8.3 updates (I believe they should be up now).

See if this helps.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by interoctave
    Hi Gang. I've jus received by GPO yesterday and I'm using it with Logic 7.1 I'm curious how everyone's installation process has gone, because I'm coming across a few odities...such as:
    - I'm completely registered and authenticated, yet the program say nope: I've only got 29 more days. It's not accepting me even though I'm "legal."
    - I got 3 discs in my package. Is that right? If so, where are the extras, such as the harp packets? Should there be 3 or 4 discs?
    - Several of the instrument patches are missing. The program want me to find them, but they aren't anywhere in the library.
    - I downloaded the 1.1.0.04 update tonight, but everything noted above remains the same.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having problems, or, as they say: "Is it just me?" Thanks in advance.

Re: GPO Group Buy: Any Gotchas?

I had a problem under WIN98SE during the installation and could not perform it. After searching around here and on the web, I found that if you copy all the CD's to a hard disk directory and install them from there, it will work. I have not had any problems since. I updated Kontact player, and the GPO player, and also installed streaming (disabled). It worked fine in CUBASE VST 32 5.2b. And I am impressed.

I noticed someone else had a similar problem to yours. In it, after registering, the GPO player would load and work fine, but every time they ran the VSTi version, it would deregister itself. The last i read was that with Garys help they were able to fix the problem, but only after a reinstallation of the OS, which I thought is not a very good solution. However, your problem may be different and require a different solution.

You might check the NI site. In your user area (you need a uid/pw) you can see your registrations. There, you can delete your previous registration online which may help - i dont know if it conflicts and you have to do this manually, but you better verify this as I don't know if once you do this you will not be able to register again on the same machine. The point is, there may be a conflict in NI

Go Back to forum