• Register
  • Help

Topic: BSOD on save.

Share/Bookmark

BSOD on save.

Anyone had any further experience with/solutions for crasheds when saving big files w/ GS Edit? I'm updating all the gigs that came with opus, and I'm BSOD'ing on every second save. Is this a problem with 3.10, maybe?

I used to attribute this problem to my Celeron. I upgraded. It's still not "rock solid".

Help......(gasp)..........h-e-e-e-l-l-p.

Belbin

Re: BSOD on save.

I rarely get a crash anymore, but came to the conclusion that using both gigastudio AND the editor at the same time, and editing large files that filled up all gigastudio memory, THEN trying to save, caused crashes.

Make sure that the gigastudio memory is cleared out before loading your new file (use "unload all" in gigastudio). Not sure, of course, if this is your problem, but it was the cause of most of my early problems with gigastudio.

gugliel,

I thought tha might be it, as I was using the workstation to load and play the sounds with Gigapulse as I edited them. So I started opening the files in the Editor only, applying my changes and saving, without even loading. Still crashed.Turns out this is definitely a problem that the editor has with large files independly of the RAM Load issue....

Thanks for trying. Anyone else?

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    I rarely get a crash anymore, but came to the conclusion that using both gigastudio AND the editor at the same time, and editing large files that filled up all gigastudio memory, THEN trying to save, caused crashes.
    Hey, that when it crashes with me too! It did not crash in 2.5.

I hope 3.1 is an improvement.

Go Back to forum