• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange GS3 behaviour

Share/Bookmark

Strange GS3 behaviour

This is really weird. I have intermittently been having problems with GS3 in so far as the midi controller does not play the correct note in Gigastudio. For example if I hit middle C on the keyboard, it plays between a lower G and Gb. (And not an exact 4th below) .... despite the fact that the correct note "C" shows in GS3's keyboard panel.

I have tried my other midi controller with the same result, so the problem is not in the keyboard.. And it is the same with every piano library I use. It has happenened with 3.04 and 3.1
    I am using a RME HDSP9632

Any clues anyone please?

Mal

Re: Strange GS3 behaviour

Has anyone here experienced a similar problem?

Help anyone please...

I have had the exact same friggin problem! It only happens with VSL Viola Looped-16.gig. It is very frustrating. I have not found a solution. Let me know it you do...

I remember having an "out-of-tune" problem at times with 2.54, but nothing of the sort with 3.x. I never did figure it out exactly.

Best of luck to you,
    fizbin

two reasons I've found for notes completely wrong in pitch:

mismatch in sample rate between gigastudio setting and sound card and other audio applications (that cause ALL notes to be wrong)

stuck notes sometimes cause odd pitches to sound: this happens for me when there is AUDIO INPUT to the sound card at the same time as MIDI INPUT to gigastudio; some notes get stuck, then they can make unpredictable noises. Generally fixed by reducing the load, for me.

You might have some different problem, naturally!

Yeah, its def. not a sample rate problem. It's just that there are two pitches C3 and C#3, that sound a tritone too low. When you use gigas built in keyboard its fine, but whe you trigger thru the sequencer, only those two pitches are transposed. All other pitches are fine.

Seems to be working fine now....I fiddled with settings in Control panel/sounds audio devices/audio/midi music playback. Not sure if that is what fixed it....

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    This is really weird. I have intermittently been having problems with GS3 in so far as the midi controller does not play the correct note in Gigastudio. For example if I hit middle C on the keyboard, it plays between a lower G and Gb. (And not an exact 4th below) .... despite the fact that the correct note "C" shows in GS3's keyboard panel.

I have tried my other midi controller with the same result, so the problem is not in the keyboard.. And it is the same with every piano library I use. It has happenened with 3.04 and 3.1
    I am using a RME HDSP9632

Any clues anyone please?

Mal

This problem has happened again twice, and each time after I installed the critical Windows updates. I did a system restore which fixed the probem, then tried to install the updates again, and now the computer wont boot up.
    Has anyone else had a similar problems of the midi controller not playing the correct notes after installing the windows updates.
    My system is..

P4 3.2 Northwood
    Asus P4C800-E deluxe (V1016)
    RME HDSP 9632 (2.93)
    Corsair TwinX2048-3200 (2gig) @2.5-3-3-8
    Asus V9520 FX 5200
    2x Raptor 74GB 10k (Sata) in Raid 0, on ICH5 controller (samples)
    2x WD 80 GB 7200 (Sata) in Raid 1 (system/GS3)
    Pioneer 107D DVD-RW
    Antec Sonata 380w true power, with extra 120mm fan

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    Seems to be working fine now....I fiddled with settings in Control panel/sounds audio devices/audio/midi music playback. Not sure if that is what fixed it....
    I had the same problem wjen I first got G3. I use RME Digiface. I fiddled with the settings, changed the sync settings, etc, and finally it started working.

Dumb with giga3

Sorry for the lame question ...can someone tell an idiot how to get audio output from Giga3 in to Pro Tools using a Tascam US122 ...you could save me lot of time here!:[

Go Back to forum