• Register
  • Help

Topic: Addendum to “What Would You Do”

Share/Bookmark

Addendum to “What Would You Do”

Here is an interesting proposal. The perspective client would hire me to sequence the parts and send each part separately track by track so they can do the editing and final mix.
    Actually, this sounds quite inviting seeing as my mixing skills are still in the infancy stages.
    So, in addition to either taking the Vienna Symphony Orchestra library or a monetary compensation, should I in addition charge for each track to cover for any additional expenses? Or, maybe I’ll just hit them up for an Aston Martin “Vanquish” V12!
    Styxx

Re: Addendum to “What Would You Do”

I think an important consideration in your decision depends on your plans for the future. If you think you'll be doing more work of this kind, and having VSL will help you get more work, then the lib is a good choice. Money has a habit of evaporating quickly down a dozen different rabbit holes before major purchases can be made. Once you have the lib, you have the lib.

On the other hand, if owning VSL would not significantly improve your ability to snag future gigs, I'd take the money, as it can be spent on anything. Build a base of clients & income, and add the high priced libraries only when there's a compelling business case for doing so.

As for cars, spend $50k on a Corvette and use the $450k you save to build that new theater...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Talking Re: Addendum to “What Would You Do”

Money has a habit of evaporating quickly down a dozen different rabbit holes before major purchases can be made.
    Now there's an understatement!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum