• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3.10 problems

Share/Bookmark

Angry GS3.10 problems

A couple of issues since installing the GS3.10 patch:

(1) All my instruments are staccato! No sustain - they just cut off after about 1 second.

(2) I have to manually select *.gig in the search window to get the instruments to appear. If I try to change the Quicksound settings to automatically look for *.gig, when I save settings I get a message "Couldn't set NemeType filter".

Any ideas?

I should add: I am using the rewire mode with Cubase SL3 and the Yamaha 01X - no GSIF drivers available.

Re: GS3.10 problems

Hmm. All instruments! Not just a couple? Wow! I have never seen this.

If that is the case, check to see if your KB is transmitting some type of sustain-off or repeating note-off commands. Try opening up the "View/Midi Monitor" window and see if it shows any errant midi commands.

Re: your Quick Sound problem: I cannot reproduce it on another system. QS is a bit ifffy and has been that way for a while. I guess we're gonna have to live with that one for now. It is some weird state the thing gets in that does not accept the default saved proj setting for that search window.

Hope this helps at least a little.
    justin thyme

I've gotten the "could not set ..." message too -- but it didn't seem to keep anything from working correctly. Also, got that message from before this update, from at least 3.04 and I think 3.03.

Quote Originally Posted by justin thyme
    Hmm.
    If that is the case, check to see if your KB is transmitting some type of sustain-off or repeating note-off commands. Try opening up the "View/Midi Monitor" window and see if it shows any errant midi commands.
    Since I posted, I have uninstalled and reinstalled back to 3.04. I haven't been game to try 3.10 again, but your suggestion is a good one. My master keyboard is a K5000W.

Quote Originally Posted by justin thyme
    Re: your Quick Sound problem: I cannot reproduce it on another system. QS is a bit ifffy and has been that way for a while. I guess we're gonna have to live with that one for now. It is some weird state the thing gets in that does not accept the default saved proj setting for that search window.
    The problem went away when I reinstalled. Makes me think there was something wrong with my original installation.

Go Back to forum