• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kirkpatrick Harpsichord

Kirkpatrick Harpsichord

I'm looking for a harpsichord library that reproduces a sound I heard on a Ralph Kirkpatrick recording (Goldberg variations plus the Italian Concerto, and a couple other pieces). It had a very heavy, percussive, and reverberating sound that I don't hear in the PMI harpsichords (which all seem rather light and flat to me). Is there something I'm missing in the demos? Or is there a harpsichord library out there with the heavy sound I'm looking for? Any help much appreciated.

Re: Kirkpatrick Harpsichord

Hello Kogase,

I personally love the PMI harpsichords a lot for their character. Especially the Flemish ones - but anyway

You might like to try the Sampletekk Harpsichord which has a percussive and crystal clear sound. The only minus is that the stereo field is very upfront and pre-key position-panned so it might be a bit hard setting it in a orchestral mix. There is a mp3 demo so give it a shot.

You can get it online from here: www.sampletekk.com

Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Re: Kirkpatrick Harpsichord

Here are two more demos for the PMI Harpsichords:

Harpsichord demo 11

Harpsichord demo 2

Getting a harder and more percussive sound or a little more ambient sounding image from these samples would be a matter of experimenting with additional effects. Compression, eq and reverbs can do wonders in the right combination
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum