• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What's the latest with RTAS

Share/Bookmark

What's the latest with RTAS

Hi GPOers.
    I'm just wondering if any protools LE users have had a chance to use the new kontakt player update, and how has the performance been. i just recently got my gpo in the mail and immediately downloaded the update from NI so i have no experience with previous versions.

so far my performance has been just ok. i am able to get a full orchestra to load on my PB1.5 OS10.3.9 with PTLE6.9 and 1Gig ram (although its obviously extremely taxing on the ram) but i have had trouble getting more than one instrument to play back without an error. although if i keep trying to play, it eventually does ok.

i'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar or better situattion with the update.
    thanks.

Re: What's the latest with RTAS

[QUOTE=conwaylemmon]but i have had trouble getting more than one instrument to play back without an error. although if i keep trying to play, it eventually does ok.QUOTE]

Strange?!?!?! I had excatly the same thing happen. (see my post in this forum "What is the deal with the update?"

It would eventually play back a session I had created before the update without overloading my CPU. No noticeable improvement, if anything slightly worse.

Powerbook 1.5 with 2 gig Ram,PTLE 6.9, OS10.3.8, Mbox.

Are you gentlement using the latest ProTools update in addition? NI advises that there should be noticeble improvement in RTAS performance with the latest version of PT.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Are you gentlement using the latest ProTools update in addition?
    Hi Gary. I am using 6.9 which is the latest. There is a forthcoming update for use with Tiger, but I don't think that is the one you are referring to.

I wonder if it has something to do with loading an old session, created from the older version?

When I get a chance I will experiment, but was hoping to get an A/B comparison to really see what is going on.

Are you gentlement using the latest ProTools update in addition? NI advises that there should be noticeble improvement in RTAS performance with the latest version of PT.

Gary Garritan
    I'm using 6.9 too. i didn't notice any improvement because i never used a previous version of kontakt. so i'm wondering if in fact there was an improvement

Smile Re: What's the latest with RTAS

Gary Garritan
    hi,

i just installed the kontact update. unfortunately, when i try to open a PT session with GPO on it, it crashes! i am using PT 6.2.2, which i realize is probably the problem, but there was nothing on the NI site about the update being only for the latest version of PT or anything.

so, should i unisnstall this update? please help ASAP!

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kjcoral
    hi,

i just installed the kontact update. unfortunately, when i try to open a PT session with GPO on it, it crashes! i am using PT 6.2.2, which i realize is probably the problem, but there was nothing on the NI site about the update being only for the latest version of PT or anything.

so, should i unisnstall this update? please help ASAP!

thanks!
    i think 6.2 was very buggy. try upgrading pt if you can.

btw. i'm having much better luck playing multiple gpo instruments in pt 6.9 with the new Kontaktplayer than i was at first. i think the trick is to load the instruments as you need them and not load a full orchestra all at once. it seems to accept the cpu load better that way.
    good luck

Angry Re: What's the latest with RTAS

[QUOTE=conwaylemmon]i think 6.2 was very buggy. try upgrading pt if you can.

really? if it is, that is news to me. i've never had a problem with any other plug-ins or any buggy problems at all and i've been running 6.2.2 for over a year...

and because i am using digi001, i can only update to 6.4, so i guess i'm stuck???

[QUOTE=kjcoral]
    Quote Originally Posted by conwaylemmon
    i think 6.2 was very buggy. try upgrading pt if you can.

really? if it is, that is news to me. i've never had a problem with any other plug-ins or any buggy problems at all and i've been running 6.2.2 for over a year...

and because i am using digi001, i can only update to 6.4, so i guess i'm stuck???

sorry, didn't mean to alarm you. i just thought i remember hearing that 6.2 had problems, but if you've had success, then maybe i was wrong.
    it is too bad that 001 users cant go past 6.4 though. the 001 is a great box.
    good luck

The update is supposed to work with 6.9.

You are right, there is not alot of info out about this and I am sure many 6.4 users will be a little non-plussed by the fact.

Go Back to forum