• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS and Giga 3.1 - any plans?

Share/Bookmark

GOS and Giga 3.1 - any plans?

Any plans on updating GOS using the new abilities of Giga 3.1? It seems to me that GOS could get some serious shelf life extension if all the new features were taken advantage of - first off, everything that Maestro Tools does can be integrated right into GS3, plus implementing the new legato and portamento functions would bring GOS pretty much up to speed with any of the competing libraries. I don't know if the samples were originally recorded in 24 bit, but if they were having that version available (in addition to all of the above) would make it almost an entirely new library.

I don't know what you have planned, what with GPO Advanced and GOS II (the nature of which I know nothing of as of yet), but these advancements to GOS would be a downright godsend to existing users, and would no doubt attract many new buyers.

Top it off with an advantageous group buy... and I need say no more.

Re: GOS and Giga 3.1 - any plans?

No comments? Not even from interested GOS users?

I know the new libraries must be taking up everyone's attention, and they are pretty exciting prospects, but the 3.1 advancements and what they could do for GOS are pretty exciting too.
    Heck, give me the means and I'll do the work!

Have a good weekend everyone.

As far as I can tell GOS isn't going to be supported anymore. GOS II has been eaten up by the GPO-A gorilla. At this point I'm so comfortable using Maestro Tools I'm not worried about changing. I am bummed that GPO-A will force me further into the evil Kontakt world but I'll deal with it

It appears that way..
    Considering the developments, one final update would have been nice but I can certainly understand the lack of enthusiasm, what with all the work for the new libraries.

Nothing to stop users from banding together and sharing art files though!

Quote Originally Posted by jc5
    It appears that way..
    Considering the developments, one final update would have been nice but I can certainly understand the lack of enthusiasm, what with all the work for the new libraries.

Nothing to stop users from banding together and sharing art files though!
    Absolutely!!

Go Back to forum