• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for a Vsti developer...

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a Vsti developer...

My apologies for posting this here, but this is where the heavies hang out so thought it as good a place as any to ask a question.

I have recently been considering creating a vsti for my network. I am not a developer so have no clue as to where to start.

My most recent library release for Emu has proven to be quite successful and this has prompted me to create a vsti based on a drum machine with specs to match my school of thinking.

Anyone who would be willing to undertake such a project or can offer any advice or guidance on how to achieve this, please feel free to contact me at vsti@samplecraze.com, or here at NSS.

I am sorry that I cannot divulge any more information, but I am sure you understand why.

Many thnx for the space and time.

Eddie

Re: Looking for a Vsti developer...

No disrespect Korg, but how does that help me in developing a drum vsti?

Quote Originally Posted by Samplecraze
    No disrespect Korg, but how does that help me in developing a drum vsti?
    Don't mind him - he posted almost the exact same thing in the "Looking for a sample library to buy for development"-topic

Thnx Herman.

Come on guys.

All you heavies and not one word of advice?

Any guidance would be of help.

ok ok, when you want to develop a vsti you need to keep in mind that making the real thing (nice looking vsti with GUI and great audio capacity) is rather a complex project. Companies who create them keep their software proprietary and license it to developers. You can write to certain companies for details. Halion has a "player", Native Instruments licenses their Kompakt player and there are others.
    Developing your own vsti based on other than the larger software companies code is also possible. If you search the kvr forum you'll find a convertor that converts simple soundfont2 stuff into a vsti skin. Nothing fancy with GUI, but it works and I even believe it's free.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Micheil

Many thnx for your input.

Approaching competitors was an option I was trying to avoid, for obvious reasons.

The complexity of the development, GUI, and backend data management is hugely complex, and this is why I avoided certain 'hobbyist' developers.

And this is the reason I primarily threw this into this forum, in the hope of gaining help or collaboration from 'known' or professional programmers.

Thnx once again.

Eddie,

Almost none of the developers here have successfully created their own VSTi playback engine yet, though more than a handful have tried and continue to try.

Although... you asked for a drum machine, which may prove to be a little easier than what the other developers here have set out to create. The most difficult aspects of writing your own engine include Round Robin cycling, release triggers and DFD (direct from disc). But once again, a drum machine might not require all, if any, of those.

There is a guy who recently posted asking for a developer to license him sounds for his engine, you can read about that here. And I've been working on trying to find someone who can code the engine I'm working on as well, my design is here.

Well, best of luck to you on this, I just doubt many at this forum will be able to help you. Most of the programming community (meaning C++, Delphi, Assembly programming, not instrument programming) hangs on KvR. Might want to investigate a few of the companies there.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Alan

Many thnx for the extremely helpful tips.

I will look into it more.

Thnx again.

Eddie

Alan

Your sampler looks great.

Are you going to continue to develop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samplecraze
    Alan

Your sampler looks great.

Are you going to continue to develop it?
    Thanks!

As for further development, there are a few programmers I am talking with, but I'm not sure. Hiring a small team for a project like this is very expensive and I believe that money could be used more effectively in other areas so... we'll see.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum