• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Complete Symphonic Pre-Order

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Complete Symphonic Pre-Order

I am very pleased to announce the opening of pre-order for the Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection, the first Symphonic Library for Gigastudio 3

Some exciting new functionality included:

Many of the instruments in the Complete Symphonic Collection Utilize Dynamic Expression Filter (DEF)
    The DEF filter provides a continuous, note-dependent, morphing filter for adding expressiveness before and after sustaining note-on events. For the first time ever, frequency responses can accurately and continuously morph between velocity dynamics, even after note-on events have occurred.

The result of DEF implementation is like having both cross-fades that extend beyond the range of each sample and velocity response happening together, only without the phase coloration and polyphony hit typical of cross-fading. With our new instruments incorporating DEF, players can continuously modulate the velocity response, before and after note-on, for previously unattainable levels of musicality.

New Legato Mode:

The legato mode uses connecting samples to create instruments with legato transitions without the need for interval specific sampling. This new technique allows us to create legato instruments that the intervals are not limited by range or tempo, additionally the increase in system resources is nominal. The Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection utilizes this technique with many of the Solo Woodwinds.

Portamento Reshaping Filter (PRF)

The PRF filter provides a phase corrected, 7th order, morphing filter for shaping formants dynamically as the pitch changes. This filter can continuously morph frequency responses of notes as they are stretched beyond their natural range, both in the upward and downward directions.

This filter is utilized with some of our Strings and Trombones. It allows us to simulate slides from one note to another.

Pricing and availability:

The Symphonic Woodwind Library Special Pre-Order price of $795 (normally $995) is available until July 4th

To Order, Or For More Information and Demos Please Click Here

The Symphonic Percussion Library Special Pre-Order price of $555 (normally $695) is available until July 4th

The Complete Symphonic Library Special Pre-Order price of $2595 (normally $2995) is available until July 4th

All new Libraries will be shipping within 2 weeks.

Thanks!
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants
    http://www.sonicimplants.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Complete Symphonic Pre-Order

Congratulations on the work, Al. Everything about the Symphonic Brass and Strings has been above all expectations--there is no doubt that making use of the GigaStudio 3 technologies like these will impress mightily.

In my experience, everything that Sonic Implants does becomes an acknowledged "go-to" tool among professionals. Your stuff just simply works; always playable right from the keyboard for fast turnarounds, yet with all the detail and nuance anyone could ever want to dig into. It's fulfilling both of those scenarios so well that really makes Sonic Implants libraries stand out in my experience.

Your new technologies continue solidly in that tradition. It is incredibly exciting to see these kinds of barriers being broken in an open platform environment. Not only are you putting out groundbreaking technology, you are doing so in a way that works side-by-side with existing investments, enhancing them as well. What a win-win situation for everyone!

Congrats again for reaching the end of such a long grueling road. I know from my conversations with the folks at Tascam that the SI team really "gets" GigaStudio, and that the expectation all around is that this library will really open some eyes.

Best of luck with your release.

Where can we hear audio examples of these new technologies in action?

Best,
    Jay

Impressive roster!!! Percussion just in true giga variety.
    Speaking of size, how much disk space do we need for the whole orchestra?

the other question, does your announcement mean that there is no legato mode for strings and brass?? What new G3 features are used for these sections then?

Great the demos are tempting... but more details regarding iMIDI programming for Brass and Strings would be nice.

And ...maybe some reduced ( 1 octave ) demo patches( featuring iMIDI DEF, PRF...) for us GS3 users.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Looks like a great offering SI!

The new legato mode you have, overcoming the limitations of using interval sampling intrigues me, hopefully I can get some insight from Al on AIM into that.

Best of luck with the release, I really liked the Excursion demo, great stuff.

Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Amazing! Nothing else i can say.

"Portamento Reshaping Filter (PRF)

The PRF filter provides a phase corrected, 7th order, morphing filter for shaping formants dynamically as the pitch changes. This filter can continuously morph frequency responses of notes as they are stretched beyond their natural range, both in the upward and downward directions."

This idea brings tears to my eyes. Such a nice thought and concept!

Congratulations Sonic Implants!

PS : I especially enjoyed Aaron Sapp's demo, very good showcase of the dynamics - Excursion. Well done Aaron.
    Both of Craigs were great too, but mostly The Duel. EIS there mates
    The scraping/treebell part that came into Simon Ravn's demo was very cool as well, nice work - Bonedancers Lament.
    I liked all the demos a lot! Richard did a nice job too.

What i like about the sound of the SI orchestra is that it is fairly dry, so you can use it either with pop/rock/new or orchestral settings and also it sounds very flexible. You can always wet some samples at will but never the opposite.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Good news. Congratulations on what looks like an outstanding library. One question I have. Have there been any changes (and if so what) to the Symphonic Strings to make use of the GigStudio 3?

I've always thought that SISS, based on tonal believability, has stood a bit above the other "Big 3" libraries in realism. Now, that's just tone, and that's just based on what's coming from monitors to my ear. Playability and programming, I have no idea because I do not own the library. But there's moving space, breathing sound, in the SI strings that you can here clearly, and they are the least 'synthesized' sounding of the all the demos I've heard. They sound very much like a real mash of strings playing.

Good luck.

Mahlon Bouldin

I'd like to add my congratulations, and thanks, as well. Bruce (as usual, $@#&) said it perfectly - this is a tremendous validation of the Giga braintrust, and I believe the Giga community will respond very favorably to this beautiful work.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

This sounds like a very exciting and innovative sample library, although more than a little out of my reach. I listened to all the demos and it does sound very good indeed and the variety of compositions is excellent.....hard to pick a favourite......especially as I don't want to encourage conceit!

I must say this though. It does disturb and annoy me, due to the incestuousness of it, that there is a group of developers (and their followers) on this forum who IMMEDIATELY (before the pixels dry), sycophantically congratulate each others’ product introductions.

It just struck me that their congratulations are noticeably absent here…….so far (and I’ve waited for a few hours before posting this….. just to make sure I’m not jumping the gun).

This sort of ‘business’ just puts my back up and makes these perpetrators look extremely foolish IMO (or thoughtless and self centred....if I were to be generous).

Are Sonic Implants somehow outside the ‘Inner circle’? Are they the lepers here?

Good luck with this SI.

Frank

Go Back to forum