• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: ANNOUNCING: Collaboration with MakeMusic! GPO 'Finale Version' Bundled in Finale 2006

Share/Bookmark

Arrow ANNOUNCING: Collaboration with MakeMusic! GPO 'Finale Version' Bundled in Finale 2006

I am pleased to announce that MakeMusic! has chosen to bundle a Finale edition of Garritan Personal Orchestra with all versions of Finale 2006. Finale 2006 will integrate the Native Instruments Kontakt Player and include the popular and award-winning sounds of Personal Orchestra.

Having a computer notation program automatically realize great-sounding orchestral sounds has long been a dream of many musicians. GPO was the first sample library to make a commitment to notation users and was specifically designed to work with notation programs (See Keyboard Magazine article, February 2005 Have Your Own Orchestra-in-Residence: Turning your orchestral scores into demos with Garritan Personal Orchestra). The revolutionary GPO Studio, combined with 'scalable' ensemble building and linear staff-friendly programming, bridges the gap between notation programs and sample libraries. Thousands of notation users are amazed when they hear their orchestral scores brought to life for the first time.

MakeMusic! recognized Garritan's advances in notation/sampler technology and the choice was obvious. Working with Finale technicians, Native Instruments and Human Playback, a special library was developed that is integrated and optimized for Finale 2006.

"We are excited about including with Finale 2006 the high-quality sounds from Gary Garritan" says John Paulson, President of MakeMusic! "Garritan's pioneering work in notation-based sampling and seamless integration with Finale's Human Playback technology and Setup Wizard provide an exciting expansion of Finale. Furthermore, future Garritan products will also be seamlessly integrated into Finale 2006!"

In Finale 2006 the autoload feature will automatically load the instrument on the Finale score into the Native Instruments Kontakt Player (direct access and no MIDI routing or GPO Studio required). Finale Human Playback is an important part of this integrated package (Finale users may have already noticed GPO-specific menu items within Finale 2005's Human Playback menus). Human Playback imparts feeling, phrasing and nuance to a notation performance - even if notes were entered with a mouse. Human Playback has been enhanced further in Finale 2006 to provide optimization and special techniques for GPO (including legato and techniques for the various instruments). It is also able to run the updated full version of Garritan Personal Orchestra and the upcoming Jazz and Big Band library.

Here is a complete list of the GPO instruments bundled in Finale 2006:

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/fe.../garritan.aspx

You can hear some demos here made with Finale 2006 and the integrated Finale Edition of GPO.Many thanks to John Paulson, Julie Sopoci, Bill Wolff, Jeff McGuire, Beth Sorensen, Anne Donnelly, Mark Dunn, Scott Yoho and the other fine people at MakeMusic. A special thanks to Robert Piéchaud the genius behind Human Playback. Thanks to Daniel Haver, Martin Jann, Frank Elting and the team at Native Instruments. And many thanks to Tom Hopkins, Jeff Hurchalla, Joseph Burrell and Jeannot Welter.

Gary Garritan

Re: Garritan Announces Collaboration with Finale-GPO Sounds Bundled in Finale 2006

Absolutely amazing Gary. Let me be the first to congratulate you on this amazing achievement!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Garritan Announces Collaboration with Finale-GPO Sounds Bundled in Finale 2006

Thats great Gary. Nice job!

How does this impact those of us who already have GPO? Will our configurations conflict at all with FiNALE upgrades? Should we install both? Are there any differences between the two versions?

Congratulations on the technical and marketing coup. Your attention to detail will assure this will a winner that keeps developing......

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I am pleased to announce that MakeMusic! has chosen to bundle a special Finale Edition of Garritan Personal Orchestra with all versions of Finale 2006. Finale 2006 will integrate the Native Instruments Kontakt Player and include the popular and award-winning sounds of Personal Orchestra.
    [/indent]Gary Garritan
    Congratulations Gary! Once 2006 is shipped, I'm sure a lot of Finale owners will be upgrading to the full version of GPO. And did I read correctly, Finale 2006 owners will be able to order the Jazz/Big Band at a reduced price of $199? Wow!

Jeff

Thumbs up Re: Garritan Announces Collaboration with Finale-GPO Sounds Bundled in Finale 2006

You are always the best from mktg and artistic point of view. Nice choice, big success, NI and Garritan are ruling/leading the market!!

I hope that when you will be a multi-millionaire (more or less as Bill Gates I suppose ;-)), you will still remember all us...

No, I'm certain you will

Congratulations

Does this mean you gave up on integrating WINDOWS XP 64bit OS and the new GARRITAN OS that you were in discussions with Bill G about?

Congratulations Gary! This is very impressive indeed!
    Jim Casella
    Tapspace

Yes, I made my upgrade pre-order this morning. I've been telling MakeMusic for years to integrate sample playback technology with Finale and they have made a smart move. (I'm sure that would have done it even if I had not encouraged them....)

I am also happy to state that come September, I'll be trying my hand at some big band music.

David

Onwards and Upwards......Congratulations!

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast